MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 20 July 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 20th July 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.



“This Week's Events”

On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for some Zombicide. We played mission nine (Might Makes Right) from Season One three time sadly we last each time. But we the last game we were close. We were using pure Season One rule to be ready for next month’s tournament, however will did add the other survivors to it to bulk up the choses.

There was no HeroClix this week due to one the brothers not being able to make it. However we did have a game of Zombicide. We played mission six (Rescue Mission) from Prison Outbreak. It was a long game with a ton of Abominations. We lost, like normal. We were use Prison Outbreak, Toxic City, both dogs and the survivors and Zombies from Season One.

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for this month’s Warmachine/Hordes tournament. Every one had to bring two tier lists of at least tier two. We had fourteen players this time, but for Warmachine/Hordes this was a low turnout.
In the first round I was up against Paul. He was using Menoth force lead by Feora (Protector of the Flame) while I was using my Maidens of Gears list. My Maidens of Gears list was a list I was not too happy, but as we had to at least use both lists thought out the tournament I decided to get it out of the way now. Sadly I lost, but I did not have high hopes for this list in the first place.
The next round I was up against Ed. He was using a Cygnar force with Haley leading it. From here on I was using my The Great Machine list. Sadly Haley's Telekinesis screwed me over, however ever she did have to waste focus on in as she kept on missing the first attempt at.
After a lunch break we started the third round and I was up against Matt. He was using a fantastically painted Menoth force lead by Grand Exemplar Kreoss. The fight was a tough one but Forge Master Syntherion did stand his ground, however we ran out of time and he won by control points.
As the tournament had a clear winner after round three, which was Paul, the tournament ended. I luckily did not get lost play this time. This was due to losing to the tournament winner.
Afterwards was talking to Ian (the one who was running the event) and I learnt that the Maintenance Phase and Control Phase are not meant to be part of the timed turn. This will save me a lot of time in the future as both Aurora’s and Syntherion’s have time eating effects during the Control Phase.

With Persona 4 this week I have have not been playing much. only just unlocked the Heaven dungeon. However I did great to play some more Persona 4 Arena. I managed to complete the first half of Yu's story line (which unlocked both Kanji's and Teddy's story lines) and complete Kanji's story line (sadly I did not unlock any more story lines, but it was a laugh a moment).
With the Let’s Play I made a major mistake in last week’s post. By time I had posted it I had finished watching the Let’s Play, but I forgot to update the post for what I wrote on the Saturday morning before.



“Armies”

Here is my tier four Maidens of Gears force for the tournament.

Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis -6
Heavy Vector Cipher 9
Heavy Vector Inverter 8
Heavy Vector Monitor 8
Steelsoul Protector 2
Accretion Servitors 1
Accretion Servitors 1
Clockwork Angels (Green Squad) 3
Clockwork Angels (Blue Squad) 3
Clockwork Angels (Purple Squad) 3
=35 points.

And here is my tier four The Great Machine force for the tournament.

Forge Master Syntherion -6
Light Vector Corollary 3
Heavy Vector Cipher 9
Heavy Vector Inverter 8
Heavy Vector Monitor 8
Light Vector Mitigator 4
Light Vector Mitigator 4
Light Vector Galvanizer 3
Light Vector Galvanizer 0 (free from tier four)
Optifex Directive Unit 2
=35 points.



“Future Events”

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·         On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·         On Thursday the 24th of July, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be “Street Level”.
·         On Friday the 1st of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 2nd of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running both a DreadBall and Zombicide tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 16th of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Sunday the 17th of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
·         On Saturday the 6th of September, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Monday the 15th of September, Guardians of Tyr will be starting a Warmachine/Hoards league at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 20th of September, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment