Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.
“This Week's Events”
On Thursday this week I went to York House for HeroClix. This week’s scenario was "The Dark Knight". (400 points. One figure must be ever Joker or a Batman that is ever an Experience or under 175 point. Figures you used from the “Batman Begins” scenario cannot be used.) I built a Batman team with the Dick Grayson Batman, however I stupidly forgot to add a Robin.
On the first round I was up against Adrian who was using a non-themed team. Sadly I did not win but Adrian could not kill my whole team as the Question was the last one left of my team with Batman and Robin faced down upon her when time ran out. Also Darren S won his game against Michael.
On the second round I was up against Michael who was using a Justice League themed team. I was worried about the stealth busting of this team, I targeted Supergirl first. Luckily Michael left her in the open so I was able to destroy her first and then the rest fell like dominos. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.
On the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using an Arkham Asylum themed team. Like normal Darren won this game. The map he choose did not help me at all. Also Adrian won his game against Michael.
Next week will be a "Halloween Special". 666 points (the house rules for extra points for themed teams is NOT in play). Half of the team must have ever the Monster keyword or are Halloween themed.
Batman (031 DC 75th Anniversary) 77
Deadshot (005 DC 75th Anniversary) 89
Nightwing and Batgirl (100 DC Batman) 176
The Question (004 DC Arkham Asylum) 37
Spoiler (003 DC Legacy) 22
=401 points and four TTPC’s.
Here is Adrian’s non-themed team:
Oracle (025 DC Batman Alpha) 50
Robin (013 DC Crisis) 79
Red Hood (017 DC Crisis) 81
Question (034 DC Origins) 40
=402 points and four TTPC’s.
Here is Michael’s Justice League themed team:
Geo-Force (046 DC Batman) 157
Batman (001 DC Batman) 100
Supergirl (DC Superman) 100
Mindwarp (015 DC Justice League) 45
=402 points and four TTPC’s.
Here is Darren S’s Arkham Asylum themed team:
Hired Henchman (006a DC Batman) 40
Hired Henchman (006b DC Batman) 40
Mr. Freeze (048 DC Batman) 118
The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh (103 DC Batman) 153
Calendar Man (020 DC Batman Streets of Gotham) 52
=403 points and four TTPC’s.
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be s Magic the Gathering day.
· On Tuesday 28th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Marvel Avengers vs X-Men Dice Masters tournament.
· On Thursday the 30th of October, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be a Halloween special scenario.
· On Saturday the 1st of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· During Monday nights in November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Bolt Action league.
· On Friday the 7th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 15th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 29th of November, Mantic will be having one of their Open Days at their Nottingham HQ.
· Also on Saturday the 29th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.