Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master news. Since the last post they have managed to unlock for Bronze level: Level Up Pack two; and two (or six) Alternate art cards. And for Silver level: Foil Card Pack three (each Foil Card Pack comes with ten cards); two new Kami decks; and the second Master (with figures and deck), two Snow Map Tiles and a Kami deck for the Snow Expansion. Also if you back this KickStarter and another called Dragon Tides, each at $100 or more, you will get all the stuff to use Rosamu in Dragon Tides and to use Bruce Lee (yes I did just say BRUCE LEE) in Yashima. It would be nice but far too much money for me. I might follow Dragon Tides, but if I do I will start doing it next week.
Stretch Goal that were still going when I posted this post were (several goals were change since the last post): The full Desert Expansion will be added to Silver level at $110k; Foil Card Pack four (each Foil Card Pack comes with ten cards) will be added to Silver level $115k; three new Terrain Map Tiles will be added to Silver Level at $120k; a new master will be added to Silver level at $130k; a Box Sleeve will be added to Bronze level at $135k; special eight player terrain will be added to Silver Level at $140k; four Kami Mega Minis with their own Battle decks will be added to Silver level at $200k; two Alternate art cards for 300 likes on Board Game Geek; and two Alternate art cards for 500 Facebook Shares. Yes there was some major last minute changes to the Stretch Goals.
This KickStarter will be ending next Wednesday, so let us see what can be unlocked between now and then.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide, the Tournament that was meant to happen last weekend at Wargames Workshop MK was cancelled. So it never happened. No clue when they will do another one. Also with Zombicide, there is a new mission out on their website called “Shopping For A New Home" and backer of Season Three will need to finish off the Pledge Manager by Sunday or risk delays and possibly extra shipping changes if they do it later. We also got a look at the final plastic Dork Tower Zombicide figures.
With Arcadia Quest there is some good and a lot of BAD news. People have started receiving their stuff. There USA hub has sent out one third of their backers by Tuesday night. The stuff for the Canada hub is on its way to the hub. The Chinese hub are away for holidays at the moment so nothing is being sent. They will start shipping to Australia and New Zealand on the 20th of October. Now for what is really pissing me off, the EU hub well NOT have its stock sent to it until the 17th of October and it will take about a month to get to the hub. This will mean the backers it the EU will get their stuff about two BEEPING months after everyone else. I would have understand a month wait, but two months is just terrible. I do not think I will be able to get a game in this year then as it means that it will most likely arrive in December when everybody is busy.
Now for the Privateer Press news. On Wednesday we saw the releases of: this year Hordes rules expansion book “Exigence; the Hordes High Command Campaign Expansion “Castle of the Keys”; a new Legion Heavy Warbeast multi-part kit that be built into Neraph or Seraph; and the repackaged Skorne Unit Paingiver Beast Handlers.
Next is the HeroClix news. This week we got previews of: Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Two (dam it, they would have to make her a super rare); Golden Glider from DC The Flash Gravity Feed; Magenta from DC The Flash; Wonder Girl from the DC Monthly prize support; and Cannonball from the Marvel Monthly prize support.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. Last Friday they release a PDF version of the new 7th Voyage expansion book called “Once and Future” on their store. This adds medieval mythical stuff to the game like King Arthur and Robin Hood.
Next is the Mantic news. On Saturday I was crowned Champion of the DreadBall 2014 Grand Championship from Guardians of Tyr.
With Deadzone, the hard plastic Forge Guard and Enforcers have finally been finished with tooling. There are just the Peacekeepers left to finish. Also they showed off some of the drawing and CAD images of new Battlezones stuff planned for the second Deadzone KickStarter that is planned to start towards the end of the year.
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. Due to holidays in China and several protests in Hong Kong, things are being heavily delayed. Most things are made or close to. This will mean that the dates below will most likely be wrong. They have no idea where things will be ready as they do not know how long the protests will last and there might be delays for customs because of the delays. I highly dealt it will ship to backers this month, so I have pushed the date back a month.
Next is the Mekton news. A quick ten page sample of the upcoming KS exclusive mission, "Korthad Blues" was revealed to backer this week. Looks like a nice mission so far.
Lastly is the current Hasslefree Miniatures Sculpting Contest news. We have now seen metal version of the eleven winning figures (the three winners, the three runner ups and five chosen by the Hasslefree crew). Prizes will start shipping next week. I have pick of copy the other figures they have molded (they might make interesting extra Cygnar figures) and a ton of extra copies of my two. I have some EVIL plans. Muhahahahahahahahahahaha.
· “Kingdom Death Monster”, “Mechabrick” and wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” all have been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping
· “Arcadia Quest” from the USA hub, wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for all apart from Europe, "Mars Attacks" and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should have (or soon will) started shipping
· “Arcadia Quest” from the Canada and China hubs,“Dust Operation Babylon”, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook, the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook and wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for Europe are meant to start shipping this month
· The “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” KickStarter will end on the 15th of October 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Wave three of “Deadzone”, wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme”, “Last Saga”, the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit”, “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks), “Arcadia Quest” from the EU hub, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" and hopefully the physical copy of “OVA” should all be shipping in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time as well
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship in February 2015
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in April/May 2015
· “Half-Orc Adventures” should ship in May 2015
· “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Demigods Rising” and “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” should ship in July 2015
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in August 2015
“Painting and Converting”
Do to not being able to cash in my Hobby points on Monday for the fourth week of the Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014, They will be save for a MASSIVE one next week for the last week of the Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014. So no “Painting and Converting” this week, but a MASSIVE one next. After all this Warmachine painting I will be staking a break for painting for several weeks. Luckily I do have a large back log so it will not be notice any time soon.
“Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014 Painting Challenge Day 25 of 28”
Due to tons of gaps there will be not photo of the overall painting table before going to bed. Far too many gaps. However here is a closer look of the five figures I am focusing on at the moment.
And here are the figure I finished yesterday.
That was another three more Hobby Points making the grand total forty-two Hobby Points so far. If the eBay stuff does not arrive by Saturday, the maximum points I can get will be three, no just wait one moment four at a push, more Hobby point. Figures cross then.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.