MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 5 October 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 5th October 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.



“This Week's Events”

On Monday this week I went to Wargames Workshop MK for the third round of the Warmachine/Hordes league.
This week I was up against Ian who was also using Trolls. I used my forces high speed and defences to capture the control points that won me the game. Sadly I did not have the control points to win the game. Wow a real win, sweet.
Also Joe who his game against Niall and Rob B won his game against Barrie. I am currently at third place in the gaming side of league with Barrie at first place and with eighteen points I am at second place in the hobby side while Rob B is at first place with 21 (everyone else still have ZERO points).
Next week I should be against Rob B with his Cryx in the semi-finals and it will be 50 points. This will be my first ever 50 points game. I wish I was using my Convergence.

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. We were playing a scenario called "Six Pack": 600 points, must have six characters, no more, no less.
On the first round I was up against Adrian. He was using a Green Lantern themed team. I sadly lost this game. Darren S won his game against Michael.
On the second round I was up against Michael. He was using an Asgardian themed team. Again I sadly lost this game. Odin from Marvel Fear Itself is very broken. Darren S won his game against Adrian.
On the third and final round I was up against Darren S. He was using a Weapon-X themed team. Like normal against Darren S, I lost. Also Michael won his game against his brother Adrian.
Next week will be the second week of the Batman sage, "Dark Knight": 400 points. One figure must be ever Joker or a Batman that is ever an Experience or under 175 point. Figures you used from the “Batman Begins” scenario cannot be used.

On Friday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for this month’s High Command tournament. I was FINALLY equipped with a Convergence deck. This month’s special rules were that Victory Points can only be awarded from Locations. I played against Joe and Niall and lost both games. However they both agreed that playing against Convergence was VERY tough. So with some fine tuning and practice they should do better.

On Saturday morning I went down to Wargames Workshop MK again for the final DreadBall Tournament of the year. On a side note the Zombicide tournament was cancelled at the last moment and replaced with demos of the new Warhammer 40,000 card game called "Conquest". Well anyway, there were four of us in the tournament, me, Rob C, Rob F and new comer Dale. I was using my Battle Angels (Season Two Corporation) team as they normally do my will and as normal I send my 20mc on a card and an offensive coach (AJ).
On the first round I was up against Dale. He was using a Teraton team. This was a terrible game. My dice rolls were absolutely terrible. He killed half my team and I lost by a land slide. Not only that, but my AJ coach figure broke. With the 6mc I earned, the 20mc I got from recycling the dead players and 2mc I had left, I replaced three of my dead players.
On the second round I was up against Rob F. He was using a Z’zo team. With the underdog bonus I got both Painmaster Yurik and the Praetorian. It the first action of the game Rob F slimed the Praetorian with his guard and killed him. This felt like a bad omen. My dice rolls were bad, but not as bad as the first round. However luckily he only killed one of my other players and in the last turn I managed to win by just one point. With the 9mc I earned replaced the player I lost and had five 5mc left after rtecycling the dead one.
On the third round I was up against Rob C. He was using Forge Fathers team. With the underdog bonus I got three MVPs. WOW. These were the Enforcer, John Doe and Nightshade. I managed to win this game by white wash and I did one more recovery round than he did,  however he did kill one of my players. With the mc I earned and got from recycling, I re-brought the dead player, got a fifth coaching dice and a second. We believe that one of the chairs must be cured as I sat there for the first two round and had bad dice rolls, while in this round Dale sat there and lost his first game.
After lunch we had the finals. The top two players will play for first and second, while the bottom players will play for third and fourth place. I was up against Dale again. We were playing for first and second place. With the underdog bonus in this game I got the MVP Rico Van Dien. In a change of fortune I won this game. Winning the tournament. However, I did loss two more players. Dale got second place, Rob C was at third and Rob F was at forth.
If the tournament continued I would have only been able to replaced one of the players.
As this was the last DreadBall Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK in 2014, the Grand Championship results were revealed. Before this tournament I was at fourth place. With the fact that the top two players missing, my victory from this tournament lead to me winning the Championship (one place above where I was last year) with Rob C at second. WOW. I might have to try the National next year.

Next week should be a little quitter. Oh with Silver Age Sentinels, we will not be able to get another game until at least the 13th of November as everyone is busy on.



“Armies”

Here is my force for the third week of the Warmachine League (yes it was the same as last week’s):

Thyra, Flame of Sorrow -6 (to Warjacks only)
Blood of Martyrs 9 PC
- Nicia, Tear of Vengeance 3 PC
Initiate Tristan Durant 3 PC
- Vanquisher 8 PC
Vassal of Menoth 2 PC: 2
Vassal of Menoth 2 PC: 2
Vassal Mechanik 1 PC: 1
A six woman Daughters of the Flame unit 5 PC
A six woman Daughters of the Flame unit 5 PC
A six man Choir of Menoth unit 3 PC
= 35

Here is my X-Men team for HeroClix:

Colossus (029 Marvel Fear Itself) 200
Angel (005 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 74
Storm (012 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 89
Wolverine (001 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 100
Jean Grey (017 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 40
Cyclops (016 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 94
=597 points and six TTPC’s

Here is Michael’s Asgardian team for HeroClix:

Odin (104 Marvel Fear Itself) 350
Loki (101 Marvel Fear Itself) 100
38 HA012 Valkyrie (012 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 38
3 x Asgardian Warrior (014 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 37 x 3 = 111
=599 points and five TTPC’s

Here is Darren S’s Weapon X team for HeroClix:

Weapon X (012 Marvel Deadpool) 91
Deadpool (019a Marvel Deadpool) 135
Agent Zero (026 Marvel Deadpool) 112
G.W. Bridge (041 Marvel Deadpool) 68
Wolverine, Agent of Hydra (103 Marvel Deadpool) 90
Shaman (040 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 92
=588 points and five TTPC’s

Here is Adrian’s Green Lantern team for HeroClix:

Arisia (015 DC War of Light) 75
Boodikka (017 DC War of Light) 75
Katma Tui (022 DC War of Light) 117
Kyle Rayner (031b DC War of Light) 112
Rond Vidar (103 DC War of Light) 80 + Green Crossbow (Construct) 10 = 90
John Stewart (105 DC War of Light) 95 + Green Decoy (Construct) 6 101
=570 points and five TTPC’s

And here is my DreadBall team at the start and end of the Tournament:




“Future Events”

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·         On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·         On Monday the 6th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running the fourth week of their Warmachine/Hoards league at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Thursday the 9th of October, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario will be "Dark Knight".
·         On Saturday the 4th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running both a DreadBall and Zombicide tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 18th of  October, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Sunday the 19th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
·         On Saturday the 1st of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Friday the 7th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 15th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 29th of November, Mantic will be having one of their Open Days at their Nottingham HQ.
·         On Saturday the 29th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.



“Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014 Painting Challenge Day 20 of 28”

Here is what my paint table looked like last night before going to bed.


Here is a closer look of the five I am focusing on at the moment.


And Here are the figures I have finished yesterday.


That is ten more hobby point done the last two days, making it just ten points so far this week and a grand total so for twenty-eight hobby points overall so far.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment