Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games. Now includes a bit of local gaming event news.
First off is the Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master news. Since the last post they have managed to unlock for Bronze level: ten Alternate art cards. And for Silver level: Foil Card Pack three (each Foil Card Pack comes with ten cards); two new Kami decks; and the second Snow Expansion Master.
Stretch Goal that were still going when I posted this post were (several goals were change since the last post): Level Up Pack two will be added to Bronze level at $90k; two Snow Map Tiles and a Kami deck for the Snow Expansion will be added to Silver level at $95k; Kami Meag Mini with its own Battle deck as an add-on at $110k; Foil Card Pack four (each Foil Card Pack comes with ten cards) will be added to Silver level $115k; special eight player terrain will be added to Silver Level at $120k; two Alternate art cards for 200 likes on Board Game Geek; and two Alternate art cards for 500 Facebook Shares.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Arcadia Quest this week, it has started shipping and people (in America) have started to receive it.
On Saturday the 4th of October there will be a Zombicide Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK starting at 10AM. I will most likely not be in it a there is a DreadBall Tournament happening on the same day.
Now for the Mechadrome Heavy Metal Combat news. The book and cards are done and are now in printing. The figures will be starting casting this week (if it has not already started). In fact as I woke up today to post this there was a new update saying that the finished pilot and arena cards have arrived to the warehouse almost three weeks early. Could this be the first ever early KickStarter.
Next is the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. There is a PDF of the main rulebook up now for download from their KickStarter page.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. On Wednesday morning they updated their web store with four new figures and two restocks. The new figures were Ammo Slave, Rogue Class Great Game Hunter, White Knight and Archivist; and the restocks were Storm Knight and the Female Great Game Hunter. There was also a new painting guide for Pinup Survivor. As I post this only the Rogue Class Great Game Hunter and the Female Great Game Hunter were left out of these release as well were the Adult Sunstalker, the People of the Sun pack, the Pinups of Death Hard Plastic Collection, the Mother, Pinup White Speaker, White Speaker, the 54mm Twilight Knight Pinup and the 54mm Pinup Preacher. I picked up both White Knight and Archivist. I was very tempted Ammo Slave, but I decided not to as is would just be yet another near naked female figure from them.
There was also another update. On KickStarter it is only open for KickStarter backers, but there is a version for everybody on their main website (under blog). We got hard plastic images of the Great Game Hunters and the Twilight Cloak. Images of the Lantern Armour Kit mixed with the Unarmoured Kit. News on the Manhunter Expansion and CAD images Spidicules, the Silk Armour Kit and the Gorm Armour Kit.
Next is the Demigods Rising news. There was an update showing off several of the new sculpts and some new print and play bits for testing out the game.
Now for the Privateer Press news. This week we got the October release dates. Next Wednesday (8th of October) will see the releases of: this year Hordes rules expansion book “Exigence; the Hordes High Command Campaign Expansion “Castle of the Keys”; a new Legion Heavy Warbeast multi-part kit that be built into Neraph or Seraph; and the repackaged Skorne Unit Paingiver Beast Handlers. The next wave of releases will be on October the 22nd. These will be: the Trollblood Epic Cavalry Warlock Borka the Vengeance of the Rimeshaws; the Circle Warlock Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver; and the Minion Gatorman Warlock Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer.
Today (3rd of October) there will be a High Command Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK starting at 7PM. I will be there with my new deck.
Next is the HeroClix news. This week we got previews of: 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom and Cobraman Sakuzy from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Two; The Flash and Mob Rule from DC The Flash Gravity Feed; Deathstroke from DC The Flash; Cheshire from the DC Monthly prize support; and Rogue from the Marvel Monthly prize support.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. On Wednesday we saw the release of four more X-Commando figures.
Next is the Mantic news. On Saturday the 4th of October there will be a DreadBall Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK starting at 10AM. I will be at it.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics, the second container has arrived on Tuesday. They will start packing and shipping wave one backer rewards today. Hippy, at long last. The third container should hopefully arrive at the warehouse by next week, if not the week after. The fourth and fifth containers are currently at sea at the moment while China is currently working on the sixth container.
|Based on Lily Rain Eve from CosmicBreak|
|Based on Kallen from Code Geass|
Next is the current Hasslefree Miniatures Sculpting Contest news. Due to the delays, the promo code is being extended. Late last night the old green images of the figures being casted were posted. There will be thirty-eight figures being do (not including the winners and runner-ups) and two out of the three figures I did were done. The one based on Lily Rain Eve from CosmicBreak (listed as Unnamed Pig Tales) and the one based on Kallen from Code Geass (listed as Unnamed Gunner). Poor Shen was not pick. Oddly I thought this out of the three would have been picked. Well I have been finding that anything beginning with “Shen” seems to never workout (a rare hint to the stuff happening in the "Neoscream's Life" posts).
Lastly, as it is the first “Gaming News from Neoscream” post of the month, I would normally do my monthly look at the top 20 non-computer gaming KickStarters. However as there was no changes since last time, I will not be doing it this month.
· “Kingdom Death Monster”, “Mechabrick” and wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” all have been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping
· “Arcadia Quest”, wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for all apart from Europe, "Mars Attacks" and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should have (or soon will) started shipping
· “Dust Operation Babylon”, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook, the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons and wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for Europe are meant to start shipping this month
· The “Deadzone” wave three survey should end on 5th of October 2014
· The “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” KickStarter will end on the 15th of October 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Wave three of “Deadzone”, wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme”, “Last Saga”, the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit”, “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks) and hopefully the physical copy of “OVA” should all be shipping in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time as well
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship in February 2015
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in April/May 2015
· “Half-Orc Adventures” should ship in May 2015
· “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Demigods Rising” and “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” should ship in July 2015
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in August 2015
“Painting and Converting”
This week we have what I have painted for the second week of the Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014.
|All figures front view|
|All figures rear view|
|Allegiant of the Order of the Fist|
|Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex|
In next week’s post will be what I have painted for the third week of the Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014.
“Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoard League 2014 Painting Challenge Day 18 of 28”
Here is what my paint table looked like last night before going to bed.
Here is a closer look of the five I am focusing on at the moment.
Sadly there no truly finish figures from yesterday, just another Long Gunner waiting for a BEEPING base.
There will most likely be no post tomorrow as I will be busy today, so I will not be able to do much. Well maybe finish a Zombie. If I end up doing more than that I will do a post.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.