MK HeroClix House Rules

Monday 17 November 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 17th November 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games. So for another late post. As all this hoped over Thursday to Saturday, I had not been able to get it all written up on time.



“This Week's Events”

On Thursday this week I went to York House for HeroClix. We finally had our Halloween special. 666 points (the house rules for extra points for themed teams is NOT in play). Half of the team must have ever the Monster keyword or are Halloween themed. I was originally going to go with a Marvel Knights team, but I was really worried that it did not fit the theme (and it did not fix anyway) so I went for a Symbiote based team with two others with the monster keyword.
On the first round I was up against Michael who was using Legion of Monsters themed team. Sadly I lost this game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.
On the second round I was up against Adrian who was using Midnight Sons themed team. Lost. Sadly I also lost this game too Also Darren S won his game against Michael.
On the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using Z-Virus themed team. Like normal against Darren S and with this team I lost. Sadly I cannot remember who won between the brothers.
Next week will be a villains event. 400 points, all figures must be villains and under 100 points.

On Friday me, Richard and Darren H wait down to Simons for some gaming due to some forgetting we played Risk. I know of Risk and I even own the Transformers version, but I have never played Risk at all (I now it is shocking that a gamer like me has never played Risk before. I did well in the first round, however things fell apart afterward as I had spread my forces too fine. Due to a misunderstanding of the missions, Richard talk Darren out of wiping him out when he could and this led to Simon wiped out Richard late and won the game. Simon’s mission was to wipe out Richard and we all worked it out, but Richard and Darren (and Simon who did not read the whole of his mission card) did not know that if Darren kill Richard off Simon’s mission is would have failed as Simon had to do it. It was good fun I would like to try it again, maybe even the Transformers version I own.

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the final Warmachine/Hordes tournament there of the year. The basic rules of the tournament were:
“Players will need to bring a 35 + 5 Warjack/Warbeast points legal list and any two Warcaster/Warlocks (to be added to the collective pot). At the start of each round, each player will be assigned a randomly generated Warcaster/Warlock from the collection brought to the event. The Caster that you receive will be treated as a friendly faction Caster for the purposes of spells and feat. If you receive a Warcaster for your Horde faction then Focus will be treated as Fury. Warjack keyword will be replaced with Warbeast. Vice versa if you have a Warlock for your Warmachine faction.”
The scenario played was SR2014 Hardcore. I was using a Convergence army like normal, however due to the fact that the Convergence Warcasters have the Field Marshal abilities and that we do not need to use our force’s Warcasters/Warlocks, I never chose any Convergence Warcasters. The casters I went for were Thyra the Flame of Sorrow and Captain Kara Sloan. As there were only eight of us, there were just three round.
In the first round I was up against Iain Laird. I ended up with Dawnlord Vyros for this round. Sadly I ended up losing the game.
In the second round I was up against Glenn Few. I ended up with another Retribution Warcaster, this time Ravyn the Eternal. Again I ended up losing the game. My super poor dice rolls for damage did not help. Come on triple one on a POW 20 attack.
In the third round I was up against Joe Mead. I ended up with Jarl Skuld the Devil of the Thornwood. Again I ended up losing the game.
With three loses, I ended up getting last place in the tournament, winning the Wooden Spoon again. However as I was the highest placed Convergence place (as I was the only one) I won the Convergence coin too. Iain Laird ended up winning the tournament and the Grand Championship of Wargames Workshop MK. I ended up at eleventh place out of forty players in the Grand Championship due to turning up for all the tournaments and for always using a fully painted army. Next year I might try out my Cygnar.
Now I have a bit of sad, there will be no DreadBall Tournaments at Wargames Workshop MK next year sadly. It is being replaced with Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournaments.



“Armies”

Here is my team for HeroClix this week:

3 x Symbiote (002 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 49 * 3 = 147
Venom (009 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 87
Carnage (018 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 153
Anti-Venom (025 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 93
Vermin (036 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 43
Toxin (103 Marvel Web of Spider Man) 57
Blade (004 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 85
=665 points and no TTPC’s.

Here is Michael’s team from HeroClix:

Frankenstein's Monster (010 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 65 + Legion of Monsters (ATA) 5 = 70
Werewolf By Night (015 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 81 + Legion of Monsters (ATA) 5 = 86
Dracula (016 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 214 + Legion of Monsters (ATA) 5 = 219
Morbius (028 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 133 + Legion of Monsters (ATA) 5 = 138
Ghost Rider (046 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 145 + Legion of Monsters (ATA) 5 = 150
=663 points and five TTPC’s.

Here is Adrian’s team from HeroClix:

Dr. Strange (021 Marvel Fear Itself) 145
Blade (004 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 85
Daimon Hellstrom (009 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 113
Morbius (028 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 133
Frank Drake (013a Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 55
Ghost Rider (037 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 125
=656 points and six TTPC’s.

Here is Darren S’s team from HeroClix:

Rhino (062 Marvel Deadpool) 140
Electro (064 Marvel Deadpool) 90
Gladiator (065 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy) 250
Dr. Doom (068 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy) 175
=655 points and four TTPC’s.

And here is my Warmachine force:

Heavy Vector Cipher - PC: 9
Light Vector Corollary - PC: 3
Heavy Vector Inverter - PC: 8
Heavy Vector Monitor - PC: 8
-5 PC from Warjacks (Vectors)
Accretion Servitors - PC: 1
Reflex Servitors - PC: 2
5 Man Reciprocators Unit - PC: 9
=35 PC



“Future Events”

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·         On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·         On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be s Magic the Gathering day.
·         On Monday 17h of November, Guardians of Tyr will second week of the Bolt Action league.
·         On Thursday the 20th of November, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be a Villains only scenario.
·         On Saturday the 29th of November, Mantic will be having one of their Open Days at their Nottingham HQ.
·         Also on Saturday the 29th of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Friday the 12th of December, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Friday the 17th of January, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 7th of February, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including leagues). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment