Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Nighthawk from Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.. The set is now out in the USA.
Now for the Mantic news. The combined orders Kings of War wave one and DreadBall Xtreme wave three have been shipping all week and pure Kings of War wave one orders should start shipping next week.
Next is the Ninja Division news. With Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King, they have finally posted up PDFs of the rulebooks.
Now for the Wyrd Games news. This week we got a preview of the cover art of the next expansion for Through the Breach, called Under Quarantine. This will focuses on the Resurrectionist faction.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. With the “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” they have unlocked since the last past: A Halfling Commander; a Halfling Bannerman; two Halfling Slingers; a Halfling Fife Player; a Halfling Chief; a Halfling Baby; a Halfling Boy; a Halfling Girl; a Halfling Inn Patron; a Halfling Wool Merchant mount for the cart; a Hengeyokai Farmer; a Hengeyokai Trader; a large sling shot for the cart; a Halfling Barbarian; a mounted Halfling Barbarian; a Raptor mount; a Battle Ram mount; a mounted Halfling Commander; a Halfling Berserker; a Lamb; an Unconscious Halfling.
The stretch goals that are still going on: A Boar Mount at $63k; Swords and Shield Bits at $65k; a mounted Halfling Berserker $66k; and a Halfling Gardener at $68k.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. The Sci-fi Twilight Knight Pinup is now available on their web store. She is a hard plastic set and comes with two item cards for Kingdom Death Monster. However there is still no picture of the figure off or on the sprue. I decided to pick one up, even though I do not like how the breast look. But it is much cheaper than the resin figures and comes with stuff for Kingdom Death Monster.
Next is the Privateer Press news. This week saw the release of: “The Undercity” an Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Game; Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Skorne Supplement; the Skorne Heavy Warbeasts Aradus Sentinel and Aradus Soldier; and the Cygnar Heavy Warjacks Reliant and Stormclad.
Now for the Last Saga news. The first batch of metal figures have arrived at they offices. They will be updating everyone later on what is happening.
Next is the Battle System news. They hoping to on start their Post Apocalypse Terrain Kickstarter in mid-September and after the KickStarter they plan on starting selling their Fantasy Dungeon Terrain to the general public.
Now for the Zero Agents news. They have hit $100k thanks to the Pledge Manager. Because of this all expansions will gain more content like Tiles and Item Cards. Backers will also get a special Zero Agents campaign scenario which will tie in a bit with their future dungeon crawl game that is coming soon. They have also added a new mysterious boss called the "Enchantress" to the Mystic Arts expansion.
Next is the Home Raiders news. Half of the starter set is casted and produced, but the other half should be done soon. Also all the other sculpts are done. The Pledge Manager is being split into two. The first Pledge Manager will be sent to backers late August/early September. This will only be what language you want your rules to be in and if you want a Token bag in your pledge or not. A few weeks later they will send the second Pledge Manager which will cover the details of your pledge, you will be able to expand your pledge if you want to, and they will settle any pending payments if needed (shipping costs and expanded orders).
Now for the Conan from Monolith Board Games LLC news. The Pledge Manager should be starting in a week or two's time.
Lastly I have some other game news. To celebrate the 15th of Munching next year, Steve Jackson Games are releasing a guest artist version of several of their sets next year. The first two being the original Munching and Star Munching.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Paranoia” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· Wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015) has been shipped or is shipping soon.
· Both “Last Saga” (November 2014) and “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” should ship in August 2015.
· “Slaughterball” (June 2015), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Dragon Tide”, “Blood Rage” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” (August 2015) should ship in September 2015.
· The “Battle System Post Apocalypse Terrain” KickStarter should be starting mid-September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters the Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System”, “Deadzone Infestation” and “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 15th of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 16th of August 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 22nd of August 2015, there will be a Weiß Schwarz Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 5th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 6th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Sunday the 19th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing UK Team Championship at Jurys Inn MK. Sadly this has already sold out.
· On Saturday the 17th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015 will be a Mantic Open Day.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a booster pack (Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Vanguard) unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start at 6/7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless your a child or unemployed where ot is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
For this post I have for you all are Agent Matalya, Blaine and Don Manning from Mars Attacks plus Joshua Chamberlain figure I got from Wargames Illustrated at Salute 2013.
|All my Mar Attacks stuff are done now.|
With the next post there should be three Regult battle pods from Robotech.