Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Baron Strucker from Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.; and Nick Fury Jr, Skye and Simmons from Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces.
Now for the Mantic news. The next Mantic Open day will be the 21st of November 2015. For Mantic news from Gencon, please view the Beasts of Warinterview from Gencon.
Next is the Ninja Division news. We have shipping news update for Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King wave two. They have finished shipping to Asia, United States, South America and Central America. With Canada and Europe, they should have finally begun shipping. With the United Kingdom and Australia they should have sent the final orders as they now have the missing stock. However I am sure I made an order during the pledge manager of the Twilight Knight figure and the upgrade cards, none of which there reported to be out of stock and I still do not have them.
Now for the Wyrd Games news. For Wyrd news from Gencon, please view the Beasts of War interviewfrom Gencon. However the Monday preview was of artwork of the new game “The Other Side”.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. With the “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” they have unlocked since the last past: A Halfling Ranger; the Old Growth Treant; a Halfling Barkeeper; a Halfling Serving Maid; a Halfling Stableman; a Halfling Cook; a Pony; a Halfling General; a Grippli Herald; a Mole; a cart (for the pony); Produce Bits for the cart; a Halfling Thief; a Halfling Fighter; a Halfling Ratcatcher; a Halfling Witch; a Halfling Psion; a crate of Fireworks for the cart; a Halfling Innkeeper; a Halfling Warrior; a Halfling Skelton; a Grippli Hunter; five different Halfling Soldiers; feet and pips to upgrade 15mm figures to 28mm Halflings; and a Halfling Honeymage.
The stretch goals that are still going on: A Halfling Commander at $34k; a Halfling Bannerman at $36k; Halfling Slinger One at $38k; and Halfling Slinger Two at $40k.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. For Kingdom Death Monster news from Gencon, please view theBeasts of War interview from Gencon. There is also a new up to date demo videofrom Gencon too.
Next is the M and K Adventures “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter news. I have received my stuff during the week.
Next is the Exploding Kittens news. I have received my stuff just after posting last week’s post.
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. We got some wave one shipping news this week. With the US hub, they expect to have all the packages in the mail by the end of next week. With both the EU and the Australia/New Zeeland hubs, the containers have cleared customs and the pallets have just arrived. Shipping should have started. With the rest of the world shipping is about eighty percent done.
Next is the Privateer Press news. For Privateer Press news from Gencon, please view theBeasts of War interview from Gencon. Not only we got release date for the August releases, we got a list of the September and October releases too.
Out on the 12th of August are: “The Undercity” an Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Game; Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Skorne Supplement; the Skorne Heavy Warbeasts Aradus Sentinel and Aradus Soldier; and the Cygnar Heavy Warjacks Reliant and Stormclad.
Out on the 26th of August are: The Cygnar Cavalry Unit Storm Lances; the Khador Epic Warcaster Unit Obavnik Kommander Zerkova with Reaver Guard; the Extreme Trollblood Heavy Warbeast Dire Troll Mauler; “Rapid Engagement” a High Command two-Player Starter.
In September we will see the release of: The Khador Cavalry Unit Iron Fang Uhlans; the Retribution Warcaster Thyron, Sword of Truth; the Cephalyx All-in-One Army Box; the Mercenary Steelhead Character Solo Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye; the Mercenary Ordic Thamarite Character Solo Savio Montero Acosta; the Skorne Epic Warlock Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate; and issue 62 of No Quarter.
And finally on October we will see the release of: The Cryx Epic Cavalry Battle Engine Warcaster Deneghra, the Soul Weaver; the Cryx Thrall Solos Soul Trapper; the Mercenary Cephalyx Warcaster Cognifex Cyphon; the Mercenary Minion Privateer Sea Dog Solos Swamp Gobber River Raiders; the Hordes expansion book “Devastation”; the Circle Orboros Heavy Warbeast Extreme Feral Warpwolf; and the Minion Unit Attachment Farrow Brigand Warlord.
Now for the Cardfight Vanguard news. The 28th of August will see the release of G Booster Set Four “Soul Strike Against The Supreme” in the Japanese version and G Clan Booster One “Academy of Divas” in the English version
Next is the Mechabrick news. We got an update this week. They were showing off several of the plastic mech upgrades that come with the game. The box game will come with several of the upgrades and it will not be in a pizza box (or at least the retail version). The material of the mats are changing due to manufacturing problems and cost, however the new material does hold more detail. Oh and the chrome mechs will come with updates now, due to the way they do the chroming process.
Now for the Modiphius (Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game and the RPG version of Infinity) news. For Modiphius newsfrom Gencon, please view the Beasts of War interview from Gencon. With the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game, everyone who pledged for one of the boxed sets is now getting a copy of the Double Sided Art Print for free. For those who selected it as an add-on for they will refund this or put it towards something else like extra dice, the Thunderbirds roleplaying add-on or sets of models.
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. I have been forgetting to say that on the 23rd of July they finally done some new long awaited new releases. These were: Ms Lovely Day, future survivor; two Spawn; Janey, Paranormal Exterminator; and the MkII Argonaut Commander. Also this week they revealed painted images of an 80mm tall miniature Weed creature that they are going to be releasing.
Now for the Last Saga news. They are suffering from some major delays and are still waiting for the metal figures to arrive.
Next is the new version Paranoia news. The delays are due to the rules creation. They only just got a draft of the Player's Book.
Now for the Shadows of Brimstone news. For Shadows of Brimstone news from Gencon, please view the Beasts of War interview Flying FrogGames from Gencon.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. Myth Journeyman - $972,886
19. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
18. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890
17. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
16. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level)
15. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
14. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
13. Ghostbusters the Board Game – $1,546,269
12. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
11. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
10. Dwarvenite Game Caverns Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
9. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
8. Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System – $2,359,260
7. Bones III from Reaper Miniatures - $2,730,365
6. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
5. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
4. Conan - $3,327,757 (Backed at $1)
3. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
2. Zombicide: Black Plague - $4,079,204
1. Exploding Kittens - $8,782,571 (Backed at The NSFW Deck level)
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Paranoia” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Dungeon Architect Cards”, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Anime Miniatures” (October 2015) and “Exploding Kittens” has been shipped or is shipping soon.
· “Last Saga” (November 2014), wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015) and “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” should ship in August 2015.
· “Slaughterball” (June 2015), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Dragon Tide”, “Blood Rage” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” (August 2015) should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters the Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 8th of August 2015, Milton Keynes Wargame Society will be running a Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition tournament at York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford.
· On Saturday the 8th of August 2015, there will be a Weiß Schwarz Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 15th of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 16th of August 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 5th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 6th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Sunday the 19th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing UK Team Championship at Jurys Inn MK. Sadly this has already sold out.
· On Saturday the 17th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015 will be a Mantic Open Day.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a booster pack (Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Vanguard) unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start at 6/7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless your a child or unemployed where ot is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
For this post I have for you all are the Christmas version of the Twilight Knight from Kingdom Death with the present that comes with it, a Gun Mage and a Gun Mage Officer from Warmachine.
With the next post there should be Hunter Light Warjack from Warmachine plus a Novas Vira Heavy and Agent Falco from Mars Attacks.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.