MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Neoscream's Life, the 4th to the 10th of July

Crimrose
Well another week of is now over and done with and it is time to write it up. Well the week before showed a bit of money coming from eBay. However what did last week bring.

On Monday I was boxing up that would need to be move when we finally get the new windows. After that I was collecting stuff for the Bring and Buy at Campaign. Other than that, that was it. Oh and I received an e-mail about the job I was applying for, sadly I did not got it.

On Tuesday I was only really finishing off gathering up stuff for the Bring and Buy and posted the week's before Neoscream's Life post and the next DreamClix Dial Designs Dialled Up post. I doing see Blaire in the morning as she went on line too early for me. By the end of the day I had a shocking sell on eBay. A set of cards I was sale, a set of all three Wicked God cards from Yu-Gi-Oh!. They have had been up for ten days. By the beginning of last weekend they had just got their starting bid of 99p. By the beginning of the day they were just over £4. They ended at £19. Oh my god. The major shocker was that there was a set being sold as buy it now at £2.50 with free P&P that finished an hour later.

The Wicked God cards
On Wednesday I had some major phone problem all day, the button were not responding most of the time. However before going to bed I decided to thump the keys very hard I it finally started working again. Other than that I was making the final listing for stuff I will be taking to the Bring and Buy. I made a deal with my mum if I make the money to buy a tablet. She would pay £100 of it.

On Thursday morning I had a nightmare trying to put togather a Justice Leauge team for HeroClix. The mean problem was with the old stuff back when there were REV sets. I had the characters but not the REV version. I decided to just stick to Avengers as I had a tactic for them. I also order some Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards to improve my Yu-Gi-Oh! Machine deck. At about 12PM I went off to the City Center for stickers. While there I notice a deal in HMV for the first Naruto: Shippuden movie for £3 as I had not gotten it yet I grab it while it wassd on sale. Then I got home I received a phone call that the windows we have been waiting for a long time have finally arrived and due to a early finish they can fit it tomorrow. Normally there would be a minimum of a three week wait. As I was off I quickly cheecked with my parents and agreed to have it done tomorrow. I had to cancel HeroClix this week as there was a lot to done the get ready for tomorrow like taking a ton of boxes down stairs. I just manage to post the next DreamClix Dial Designs Dialled Up post.On CosmicBreak news, there is a new Dispatch System that introduce a new Moe NPC. Also the is a new Chibi alternate version of Jikun Long called K. Jikun Long-chan. By the look of things K. Jikun Long will be added as a standard Moes soon, maybe next week.

On Friday morning Blaire was online for a bit. I chatted with my mum about HeroClix storge and she talked me into ordering some plastic draws. At about 10AM the window fitters arrived and started work. While they doing the work I brough the draws off eBay. I picked up the cheapest I could find that delivers, £25 each. I also ordered a door number plate for my mum as we were getting a new door with the windows and it does not come with the house number. I also finished off and posted the HeroClix post. After the new windows and door were instealed me and my perents went to do the food shopping where we fould we could have gotten the draws for £14 each, so over £20 cheaper than what I got them as. Crap. When we got back we straightened out the house.

AXM-2N Axeman
On Saturday it was Campaign. Campaign is a wargames convention that happens every year at Middleton Hall is the Shopping Centre MK also known as the City Centre by locals. Darren H helped me get the stuff that I was bringing to the Bring and Buy stand to the City Centre. Everything I brought to the Bring and Buy if sold would make over £1330 before their 10% is taken off. I was hoping to sell at least half of it. After taking an hour and a half booking the Bring and Buy (there was a problem with how I listed the books) I went to coffee. I was about ten minutes late but Darren H was still in the quell and Richard arrived later them me by a couple of minutes. After coffee we had a look around the book shop and then Campaign as I did not get round to doing so before. Ever thought it is a Wargames convention in the past they had a lot of RPG stuff and a bit of card games. However there was not of them this year. I was in fact quite quirt this year. There are several reasons properly why. First the fact that it is happening two months later than normal due to the hall being double booked this year and the Royal Wedding, Second two years ago a store keeper lot £1,000 taking at the event (do not know the details) which lead to several game companies not wanting to come any more and the third is that the costs of running a store at events in Middleton Hall had gone up by a lot several years ago due to an accident Phil (a former HeroClix player/judge) had with one of the tables. After Richard and Darren left I bumped into Nathan, Pete and a couple of other people I had meet in the past like a guy called Venom. Oh the stories of his god like characters he has made in role-play game breaking games with the others are legendary. When I checked on my sells at the Bring and Buy at the end of the day I had made £145. I was not happy so I decided to slash most of the prices to sell off more stuff. During the day I picked up a new HeroClix figure, Hulk from the Avengers set and a BattleTech mech the AXM-2N Axeman figure. I looked on line for the price of the HTC Flayer and found I could get it about £50 cheaper online and the store took PayPal too. So with £145 made at the first day of Campaign and the £65 I had left on PayPal all I need to do is to make £240. Hopefully the lowered prices will help.

Crimrose Seraph
On Sunday we (me, Richard Pete and Nathan) decide to meet up at Campaign and then go somewhere like a coffee shop to do role-play. Richard was over an hour late so he meet us at the coffee shop instead of Campaign. There was no combat this week as we did not want to bring maps to a pubic place. This is where a tablet would help as there are much lighter then my laptop and would run longer without changing. If there was an app that could do role-play maps. Sadly there is not one I could find. However after speaking to people it might be an idea to try and get back to programming to make an app myself. Well back to role-play we reviewed the mission and the players did a bit of exploring the people around them. Richard’s character went to a party being run by the Viceroy of Area 17. Nathan’s character was doing some work on a smart gun his character was designing and Pete’s character was getting into trouble. Luckily Nathans character was about to sort things out with help from Richard’s character. We finished early and went to have lunch. As I have only two more sessions left of we talked about what was happening next. By the looks of things Richard will be running the next game which will be Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 then Nathan will do Shadow run after that. Sadly when I got back to Campaign at the end I only made £40 today bringing the total to £185. Crap. £200 short to what I needed. Well I can always sell the stuff on eBay. When I got home I posted the last DreamClix Dial Designs Dialled Up, added a second poll to the blog and posted this week’s Watch, Listen and Read post. Well by the end of the week I manage to make £145 on eBay (including what I have spent). Sadly most of what is left is not selling.

Well that is another week over and done with. Here is a list of up and coming blog post and the planned (not set) dates for them:

Friday 15th July: “HeroClix” and a new "DreamClix Dial Designs".
Sunday 17th July: "Watch, Listen and Read" and maybe a "Cosplay Deviants Set Preview".
Tuesday 19th June: “Neoscream's Life”.

There might by a major change in things next week. However until then I am not saying a word about it. Well until next time, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment