MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Neoscream's Life, the 21st to the 27th of November

Nami
Welcome to another week of my life. The week before last Cosmic Commander ended again and I made a super saving on a new Wii controller. But what did last week being.

On Monday I worked from 11:30AM to 2:15PM. Work was busier than last work, but still to quite for this time of year. When I get home I found a missed post message at the door. Got to be the Doctor Who Wii Controller. I checked out the Monday Madness on Play.com, but there was not any thing that was a must get. However I did find another tablet pen for £5 pen out side of the sales which I bought as mine has gone missing somewhere at home. With the weather getting colder, I am going to need to wear gloves soon and I will not be able to use the tablet with out the pen. The only problem is using a tiny pen with thick gloves on. Also while watching the Gadget Show, I heard about the new Kindle Fire. I looked online about it. The Kindle Fire had just came out in America and there is plans the release it here in the UK, but no dates or hits of when it will released here. It is more tablet than eBook reader now. Colour touch screen, able to play videos and play games. It has cloud computing, however it does not have 3G at all, and it only has eight hours play life while the old Kindle had two months (if the WiFi and 3G is off). The lack of 3G and the battery life of the old one is a major let down. But for about £120, it is not that bad. Now is this what my mum needs, yes if there is a lot more free and easy to access WiFi spots, but sadly there is not and my mum needs to access e-mails easily on the go.

Tuesday was a day off work. I posted the Neoscream's Life post for last week like I normally do. I also added two new polls onto the blog and updated the DreamClix Dial Designs page. The first of the two polls is a poll to see what I do next after One Piece for the header pictures for these Neoscream's Life posts. The second is to see what will be the second (third if you count Piano Squall) special Cosplay Deviants Cosplay card, the first being Noel who had retired from Cosplay Deviants. After that I did some more painting of the Super Dungeon Explorer figures. In fact I have finished the Angry Panda, sorry I mean Angry Bear and a couple of Chests. During the day I also received two e-mails about orders that been cancelled due to no more stock. The first one was the metal Elf Archer for Super Dungeon Explorer as the modal is no longer being produced since the box set was reviled. I was fine with that as the old Games Workshop paints did not damage the plastic one from the box set. The second was a DVD I ordered on Play.com ages ago, the movie remake of Mobile Suit Gundam 0083. This was a super pain as I could have picked it up at London Expo. Face palm. Before I went to bed I checked the App Store for up dates and found that there is an update for ThinkFree Office Mobile. First I would like to review the old version before talking about the new one. It was a nice and simple. I mainly only used the word processor from is, but I had use the spread sheet a couple of time. The word processor was nice, you were able to add pictures. I sadly never used this feature yet, but it was the reason I got this over Documents To Go, which I used on my phone before getting the tablet. Having all the options hidden under the keyboard was a pain as well and the keyboard disappearing if the tablet is turned by mistake, but they were livable. Another problem was what you could not see where pages end so lay out can be a pain and you do not know how many pages you have written. In general out of five I would give it a good three if not four. Now for the new version. It had most, if not all, of  the problems I had with the old version were fixed. All the main options were at the top of the screen and it is displayed as pages like MS Word. It would be a five out of five if it was not for one major problem. The new version was designed for mobile phones only mind, as the program only displays as a small window on the tablet in the size of a mobile phone screen. This makes it totally useless to me. This problem turns it into an one out of five and that is being nice due to the improvement. Crap. I going to have to spend money on a new office suite when money is low due to a lack of hours at work and Christmas gifts to get.

Angry Panda Bear
On Wednesday morning I found a free one month trial of an office suite called OfficeSuite Pro 5. It is a lot like what ThinkFree Office was like but the format options are above the keyboard, other options like save, copy and paste are in the menu and the keyboard does not disappear if the tablet is turned. Oh and selecting things is a lot easier as the tags are a lot bigger. This will give me time to save, try it out and see if ThinkFree fixes the bug. I worked from 11:30AM to 3PM. After work I popped into Hobbycraft while waiting for my mum. When she turned up, we popped into Pet At Home to some cat toys for my mum's cats and my uncle's for Christmas. When we got home I asked my mum about the post that we missed on Monday. She had forgot it at work and she was next in work Friday, so I have to wait until Friday evening for the new Wii Controller. Other than that nothing really happened.

When I got up in the morning on Thursday I was told that Bandit, one of my mum's cats raid the Christmas toys. Bad Cat. Just before leaving to work I finally got a message from Honey Chain that I had been waiting awhile for. She had written it last week and just noticed that she had never sent it. I worked from 12PM to 4:30PM. wIn the evening, like normal on a Thursday, I went to HeroClix.

Now for this week's CosmicBreak news. All the big things that happened this week's update was for the weekend that has been and going before this post. I received an e-mail saying I made it in the top 500 for mission clearing. Yes I have won 50 roots to spend on a roll on the Mega Garapon. Sadly I typed in the code, it said it worked, but I never received the roots. What the hell? Tried the code again and it said I can only use one code during a promotion. Crap. No chance of getting Melfi, Toybox Girl or Squidol Girl.


Doctor Who Wii Controller
Friday was a standard day off work. I finished off and posted the HeroClix like I normally do on a Friday. I had at it trouble with posting the post. For some unknown reason, copying and pasting from OfficeSuite to the Blogger app adds a fuck load of HTML to it. About several lines of HTML code to ever couple of words. Sadly the code was blinking out. I managed to fix it, but it is going to be a nightmare if it keeps doing this. Ok, ThinkFree added extra HTML code too, but that was just an extra br were paragraphs are which could be easily fixed when I add the pictures. Why me! When my mum got home I finally get my new Doctor Who Wii Controller. It has a built-in rechargeable battery which could be useful if it keeps a charge. It is also quite long where the 1 and 2 buttons are quite far away from the other buttons. Useful for games you do not normal use them, but a pain on games you do use them in. I have to try it out to see how good it is. Other than that nothing really happened.

At coffee on Saturday were Richard and Darren H. We chatted about things like scam calls and OfficeSuite apps. I worked from 12PM to 4:20PM. When I got home the tablet pen had arrived. typing with it is a lot easier. than with a figure. I just manage to write up and posted the review of is Saturday's Cosplay Deviants set from KittyStar as Blaire came online. She was doing quite well with two group shows and a help of a lot of tips. Before going to bed I updated the DreamClix Dial Designs page and posted about all the updates to it this week.


Sunday was a normal day off work. Before I went to role-play I received a text message from Darren S. Jules had came down to Milton Keynes to play some HeroClix and Darren S wanted to know if I was free to do some games too. It would have been nice to see Jules, but sadly I was busy with role-play today.  Jules wasthe former head HeroClix Judge for the UK before he became a fireman (his dream job) and Topps closing down WizKids. At role-play we finished off Richard's game by heading to the town that we had to report to and collect the reward for the advancer. After that we went around town selling the loot we gathered. If Richard decides to continue it when it is his turn to GM again, we will be starting at level 7. After that we finished off working on characters for Peter Cyberpunk game. I am going to need to watch Son of a Gun on Discovery for research as my character is a Weapons Smith. In the evening Blaire was online again and busy too. I got a feeling that that time of day is good for her as there are lots of tippers and people wanting groups at that time. Before going to bed I posted the week's Watch, Listen and Read post.

Here is a list of post that will be posted during the coming week. Please note that things may change due to charges in work or time.

Wednesday the 30th of November: Maybe a "Cosplay Deviants" review post.
Friday the 2nd of December: "HeroClix".
Saturday the 3rd of December: Maybe a "Cosplay Deviants" review post.
Sunday the 4th of December: "DreamClix Dial Designs" and "Watch, Listen and Read".
Tuesday the 6th of December: "Neoscream's Life".

Well until next time, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment