MK HeroClix House Rules

Friday 24 May 2013

MK HeroClix: 23th May 2013 - 300! 400! What's the differences?

Welcome to the MK HeroClix post. This is a weekly post with HeroClix news and results of Thursday's HeroClix game at MK Wargames Society at York House. This week there were previews of Frodo Baggins from the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring; Pandora, Phantom Stranger, Question and the Trinity Sin team base from the 2013 Conventions Exclusives; Mokk the Breaker of Faith, Hawkeye, Titania and Skirn the Breaker of Men from Fear Itself; and the ATA The Mighty. Also the 2013 Marvel HeroClix Fan Vote winner was Blink. So we see a new Blink in the future. Still waiting for last year’s winner, Death’s Head.

This week the start of a three week campaign that I am calling “Thought The Decades”. Pick a character. On the first week it will be 400 points, no figure over 100 points including add-ons, you must have the chosen character at Rookie level. On the second week it will be 500 points, no figure over 200 points, you must have the chosen character at Experience level. And finally on the third and final week it will be 600 points, no figure over 200 points, you must have the chosen character at Veteran level. Everybody who knows me and that reads this blog should know the character I have chosen. Iron Man. But sadly I messed up with my team build. When I was building my team I thought it was 300 point and not 400 point. Face Palm. My 300 points team was

Iron Man Mk 7 (001 Marvel Iron Man 3) 75
Thor (005 Marvel HeroClix 10th Anniversary) 100
Captain America (001 Marvel Chaos War) 60
Scarlet Witch (006 Marvel Chaos War Fast Forces) 50
Quicksilver (106 Marvel Infinity Challenge) 18
=303 points and two re-rolls.

On the first round I was up against Darren. He was using a Marvel Knights themed team who were:

Spider-Man (201 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 75
Dagger (203 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 65
Dr. Strange (206 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 75
Luke Cage (014 Marvel Captain America) 98
Punisher (030 Marvel Secret Invasion) 83
=396 points and four re-rolls.

Darren’s chosen character was Dr. Strange. He won the game like normal, however I did taking down Luke Cage. It was when we were working out point we the points mistake I made. For the next two games I upped Scarlet Witch to her 75 version and added the Iron Man Briefcase I keep in my case. This upped my team to 340 points and four re-rolls. Also Michael won his game against his brother Adrian. On the second round I was up against Adrian. He was using an X-Men team who were:

Cyclops (002 Marvel Giant Size X-Men Fast Forces) 75
Wolverine (029 Marvel Chaos War) 90
Marvel Girl (001 Marvel Mutations and Monsters) 40
Sunfire (059 Marvel Armour Wars) 61
Storm (064 Marvel Universe) 35
Nightcrawler (085 Marvel Clobberin’ Time) 83
=384 points and four re-rolls.

Adrian’s chosen character was Storm. I had 44 points less than him and I still manage to win. I only lost Iron Man. Oh and Scarlet Witch got the Briefcase this game. Also Darren won his game against Adrian. On the third round and final round I was up against Michael. He was using a Soldier themed team who were:

Captain America (040 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 72
Winter Soldier (050 Marvel Avengers) 70
SHIELD Sniper (005 Marvel Sinister) 22
War Machine (067 Marvel Armour Wars) 94
The Thing (104 Marvel Secret Invasion) 100
Domino (028 Marvel Mutant Mayhem) 35
=393 point and two re-rolls.

Michael’s chosen character was Warmachine. With 53 points less than his team, I defeated him won the game. Oh and Captain America got the Briefcase this game. Also Darren won his game against Michael.

As there is no Adrian next week, the second week of “Thought The Decades” will be pushed back. Next week Darren will bring 2,000 points JLA team while both me and Michael will each bring a 1,000 Avengers team.


Until next time, Armour Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment