|The Blue Lanterns|
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we had previews of: The Blob and Storm from Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past; Speed Demon and Whizzer from Marvel Deadpool; and (Green Lantern Recruit, Katma Tui, Rond Vidar, Guy Gardner, Jade and Hannu all I miss last week), Sinestro, Sinestro Corps Recruit, Bedovian, Mongul, Karu-Sil, Parallax, the Blue Lantern Ring and the Blue Lantern Ring Power Battery from DC War of Light.
Also it was revealed that in October there will be a DC Flash set with standard five figure boosters, Gravity Feed boosters and a Rouges themed Fast Forces pack (Captains Cold, Boomerang, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave and the Pied Piper). The set will include the Harley Quinn HeroClix World Champion Piece and the 2013 DC Fan Vote Winner, Etrigan the Demon.
|Five figures from the HeroClix set|
Now for the Ninja Division news. There is a massive list of the current progress of the rules and Miniatures for the KickStarter. At a rough estimate I would say that Miniatures for the main box game are ready with moulds (apart from the pets) and the rules are almost done with closed beta. With the extras almost everything is sculpted and the rules are almost closed beta ready.
Next is the Interface Zero news. The main rulebook has been sent to the printers and shipping should start in July. Also there is a downloadable snack peek of the preliminary star ship creation rules from “The solar system” book.
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. This week they were showing off their new ABS Base which look fantastic.
Next is the Elven Adventurers KickStarter news. Due to some problems with the destroyer and the mounted pilot shipping will run about ten days into May for people that have ordered them.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. At Salute they launched five all-new Starter Sets, for 7TV, 7ombieTV and 7th Voyage, and now they have hit their web store. Each comes with the relevant rulebook, cards, tokens dice and PDFs, and two of the 7TV Starter Sets come with a Programme Guide and more cards and tokens. These Starter Sets are great value and are a brilliant introduction to our games systems.
Next is the Shadows of Brimstone news. The final art for the Box Cover of Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients is now completed, as well as 3D images of the Trederran Raiders sculpts and the heroes the Male Rancher and the Male Dark Stone Shaman.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. A small update had just come in. They showed of the Hard Plastic Flower Knight (due to promoting a KickStarter for a Visual Novel game done by the artist of the art work for the Flower Knight and childhood friend of Anna). They are still working on reopening the Pledge Manager to let backers add more. They are trying to stop backer being able to remove things they added in the past and prevent new orders of Resin figures. During the Campaign Adam promised that if they reached $666,666, he would create his own version of Satan, but not as part of the KickStarter. They more than tripled that target just by the standard KickStarter let alone from the Pledge Manager or the Black Friday 2013 people (like me). The artwork has been completed, the miniatures have been sculpted and cast. It will be released either sometime this weekend, or on Monday. It is a limited resin run of 500, but if they sell out they will take pre-orders for another production run. There should be a bigger update coming from them next week.
Next is the StarCrawlers news. Backers at Alpha testing level have received resisting details which means open Alpha is starting soon. I am not at Alpha or Beta level so I will not be able to test it before it comes out.
Now for the Mantic news. Next month Open Day has changed to a new address. The new address is 193 Hempshill Lane, Nottingham NG6 8PF. There will be a special event at the Open Day run by several of the staff for seven to thirteen year olds during 11AM to 2PM so parents can enjoy the event. It has also been revealed that Project Pandora will be on sale for £10 a box and the Crazy box will return at the Open Day.
Lastly it was been official revealed that Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition has just finished it’s playtesting stage and it is nearing release later this year around August 2014. By the sound of things it has fixed many of the problem 4th Edition had which was too combat based with miniatures.
· “Mekton Zero” rulebook was meant to be shipped, however they have been delayed due to problems and currently have no dates
· Both “Elven Adventurers Box Set” and the physical side of “Warmachine Tactics” have begun shipping
· Both “Kingdom Death Monster” and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should be shipping sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Zombicide Season Three” should start sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Among the Sleep” should be done sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” and wave two of “Deadzone” should ship in June 2014
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in July-September 2014
· “Mechabrick” should being shipping anytime from July 2014 onwards
· "Interface Zero 2.0" should begin shipping in July 2014
· “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (now come with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks on the Blu-Ray), “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Mars Attacks” are all listed to ship in August 2014
· “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
· “Arcadia Quest” is listed to ship in September 2014
· At a wild guess “OVA” main rulebook will ship in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
· Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in October-December 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done by November 2014
· “DreadBall Xtreme” is listed to ship in November 2014
· Both “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King” and “Guild Ball” are listed to ship in December 2014
Painting and Converting
This week I have a Lancer Light Warjack, both the Survivor and Zombivor of a self-made Elf cosplayer for Zombicide, a Ronin and a Student for Malifaux and two more Teraton players.
|\This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Warmachine figuire|
|This is a self made Cosplayer Survivor for Zombicide using Mantic Elf and Undead bits. The figure on the right is the Survivor and the figure on the left is the Zombivor.|
|This week's Malifaux figures|
|This week's DreadBall figures|
Next week should be doing four Judwin players, the DreadBall Mech, White Sentai and a Wing Guard.
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Monday the 28th of April Guardians of Tyr will be starting their Star Wars X-Wing League at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Thursday the 1st of May, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be "Tournament Training”. Details of the scenario are below. I should be there.
· On Friday the 2nd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I should be there.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running the Star Wars X-Wing Regional Championship at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Thursday the 8th of May, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”. Details of the scenario are in last weeks “Gaming with Neoscream” post. I should be there.
· On Saturday the 17th of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be there.
· Also Saturday the 17th of May will be the Mantic Open Day. Sadly I will not be there.
· On Saturday the 7th of June Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I plan on being there.
· On Sunday the 22nd of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
|The Kingdom Death Flower Knight art work|
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
HeroClix Scenario “Tournament Training”: 300 points team. No House Rules, modern age only.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.