Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games. If you have not read my post on Tuesday, I have decided to split the "Gaming with Neoscream" post into two posts. Fridays there will be the "Gaming News from Neoscream" post which covers the next and painting sections, while Sunday will have "Gaming with Neoscream" which covers events and new house rules if any.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we had previews of: Curse of Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh Series One; Wolverine from Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past; and Evil Deadpool and the Word Balloon “This Besmirchment Will Not Stand” from Marvel Deadpool. We also got images of this years convention exclusive figures. Why do the first ever Whiplash they do have to be a beeping convention exclusive.
Now for the Ninja Division news. Super Dungeon Explorer Forgotten King KickStarter. Here is a re-look of what the Always Super level was like at the end of the last post:
Always Super – The new Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King box set now with six pet models; updated Decks for the original and the two expansion packs; the Hero Brave-Mode Candy and her pet Never-Lost Cola; the Mistmourn Cost Warband now including more figures; the heroes Royal Warden and Wandering Minstrel; a pack of twelve plastic Potion counters; a pack of thirty plastic Wound counters; and Hero versions cards for several of the Mini-Bosses (both old and new).
The goals it managed to unlock during the third week were: The Emerald Valley Warband (the Hero Silver Chevalier, the Mini-Boss Glimmerwing, two Fungal Growth Spawn Points, two Kinoshroom, four Truffle Pigs and eight Okoshroom) as an add-on; six Giri Creeps were added to Always Super level and to the Goro Mini-Boss add-on; and unique treasure and loot art work for all the card including the Upgrade decks (in the past the used the same generic image on all the cards).
The stretch goals that were still going as I post this were: six new double sided map tiles as an add-on at $500k; and the Mini-Boss Shadow-Mode Candy as an add-on at $525k.
Now for the Robotech RPG Tactics next. This week we got image from GAMA Trade Show which includes images of more figures and the Battle foam bag. Also according to Wayland Games the first wave of stuff is out on 30th of April. However correct this information is I do not know, however if it is true they need to start shipping the KickStarter stuff soon.
Next is the Mekton news. We got the image and a background page of the first of the two Backer made NPCs, Kyra. Work on the artwork is still going on. Profile images and the cover art are almost done. They should be starting on the action scenes this week.
Now for the Guild Ball news. Beta rules for the Mason Guild and the Mortician Guild were posted on their website.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. A new Zombicide App in coming in May to Android and iOS. It is a heavily updated version of the old one which comes with a ton of new features like including the decks and will come with all (well almost all) of the new survivors. It will be updateable so any future new stuff can be added. However it is no longer free and you will have to pay to add any new stuff when they come out.
With Arcadia Quest, they have secured a logistics partner in Montreal Canada, which will reduce the cost of postage for the Canadian backers. The artwork for the tiles were revamps to be more colourful and we finally got to see sculpts of the final four figures: Monkey King, Monkey Queen, Pigsy and Chooloo.
|An example of the revamped tiles for Arcadia Quest|
Now for the Interface Zero news. The adventurer pack is now done in PDF format. Still no word on when the physical version of the main rulebook will start shipping.
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. The new releases for April are out now. Frist there are the new “NOT” Doctor Who stuff Professor Kane (the War Doctor), Marwood (the Eight Doctor), Tucker Newman (movie version of the Seventh Doctor) and Ms Freeman (Martha Jones). Next there is the Future Freedom Fighters Starter Set. Also they finally released Villains Programme Guide Cards and Tokens set. And lastly their April Deal of the Month. This month’s deal is three Mannequins for just £6, while stocks. Oh and the Scary Statues and Action Melody Lake (River Song) are both back in stock.
Now for the Elven Adventurers KickStarter news. We got some more greens (well Black and Whites) this week. They were the Elven Destroyer, Elven Grand Marshall on Flaming Undead Unicorn mount and Elven Wizard on Stag Mount.
Next is the Mantic news. There was nothing really. The second survey ended on Sunday and they have been promoting the Nexus Psi Campaign Book for Deadzone and their Battlezone range.
Now for the OVA news. After a long time we finally got an update. Oh five pictures are left to be done which a large single page one. Also there is now a deadline for the proofreading contest. It is the 21st April. So at a wild guess we will see the final digital book in May and the physical book in September.
Lastly it has been revealed that there will be a turn based computer game for Mordheim called “Mordheim: The City of Damned”. I would have preferred Necromunda, but this will be fine. The game should be out late 2014. And on other Games Workshop related news they are doing some MAJOR renaming. This is no April Fools joke. Imperial Guard are being renamed to Astra Militarum and Storm Troopers are being renamed to Militarum Tempestus. As a past 40k player (during second, third and the start of fourth editions) this is a major shocker, however by the sound of things this is due to copy right issues. Will this lead to a rename of Space Marines.
· “Mechabrick” and “Mekton Zero” are all meant to be shipped, however they have been delayed due to problems and currently have no dates
· “Elven Adventurers Box Set” has begun shipping
· “Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King” should end on the 17th of April 2014
· The "OVA" proofreading contest ends on 21st April 2014
· Physical side of “Warmachine Tactics” should being starting shipping this month
· “Kingdom Death Monster” and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should be shipping sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Zombicide Season Three” should start sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Among the Sleep” should be done sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” should begin shipping in May 2014
· Wave two of “Deadzone” should ship in June 2014
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in July-September 2014
· “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (now come with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks on the Blu-Ray), “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Mars Attacks” are all listed to ship in August 2014
· “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
· “Arcadia Quest” is listed to ship in September 2014
· At a wild guess “OVA” will ship in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
· Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in October-December 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done by November 2014
· “DreadBall Xtreme” is listed to ship in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King” and “Guild Ball” is listed to ship in December 2014
Painting and Converting
This week I have two more Reb Humans, another Reb Yndij, a Loka Ice Bishop, a Loka Ice Prawn, a Loka Ice Rook, the zombie version of Grindlock, both version of Joshus and human version of Kim.
|This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Deadzone figures|
|This week's Loka figures|
|This week's Zombicide figures|
|All my standard Rebs for Deadzone that I have some far (still waiting for the missing stuff)|
Next week should be doing at least the zombie version of Kim, both versions of both Shannon and Watts, and the Toxic Abomination.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.