MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 20 April 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 20th April 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.



This Week's Events

On Monday I went to Wargames Workshop MK for some more games of Deadzone, this time at the standard 70 point. David and his son Tim got the first game. Tim was using Rebels while his father used Marauders. Tim, who normally beats his father at games (or at least the first time of trying a game) lost the game.
The next and last game was between me and Tim. Rebels verses Rebels. I manage to win the game quite well, however my Teraton dead in just one hit. In the future I will try to use other things than that points eater.

On Thursday I went down to York House to play some games of HeroClix. This week we were playing the scenario "Messiah" (please check the HeroClix Scenarios page for more information). My team this week was an X-Men themed team. All the teams used this week are in the Armies section of this post.
In the first round I was up against Michael who was using a Brotherhood of Mutants themed team. Shadow King tied up my team and I ended up losing Lost. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.
In the second round I was up against Adrian who was also using an X-Men themed team. At first I was winning the game but after I took out his Polaris and Havok, Adrian manage to change to tide of the battle. So I lost. Also Darren S won his game against Michael.
In the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using a Mojoverse themed team. Like normal I lost against him. Sadly I cannot remember who who out the the brothers.
Darren S won overall this week with three wins like normal and I was dead last.



Armies

First off my Rebs team from the Deadzone game I played on Monday:

Rebel Commander 16
Rebel Grogan with Onslaught Cannon 10
Two Rebel Sorak 6 x 2 = 12
Rebel Teraton 21
Kraaw Warrior 6
Rebel Human 4
=69 points

Here is my team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Hope Summers (040 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Bishop (032 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 140
Polaris (025 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 94
Havok (024 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 81
=390 points and four TTPCs (Themed Team Probability Controls).

Here is Darren S’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Longshot (009 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Shatterstar (010 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 73
Spiral (041 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 106
Mojo (050 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 140
=394 points and four TTPCs.

Here is Adrian’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Emma Frost (010 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 100
Magik (013 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 125
Polaris (025 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 94
Havok (024 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 81
=400 points and four TTPCs.

Here is Michael’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Shadow King (043 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 122
Professor X and Magneto (053 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 133
Lady Deathstrike (030 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 76
Scarlet Witch (057 Marvel Avengers) 35
Mystique (034 Marvel Universe) 34
=400 points and four TTPCs.



Future Events

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·       On Mondays at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night. However due to it being a bank holiday, it is not happening on the 21st)
·       On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·       On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·        On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·       On Thursday the 24th of April, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”. Details of the scenario are below. I should be there.
·       On Saturday the 26th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be running a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament.
·       On Sunday the 27th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be open for a Super Magic: The Gathering event.
·       On Friday the 2nd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I should be there.
·       On Saturday the 3rd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running the Star Wars X-Wing Regional Championship at Wargames Workshop MK.
·       On Saturday the 17th of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be there.
·       Also Saturday the 17th of May will be the Mantic Open Day. Sadly I will not be there.
·       On Saturday the 7th of June Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I plan on being there.
·       On Sunday the 22nd of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.

HeroClix Scenario “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”: Two 400 points team. Team One must have at least one figure with the S.H.I.E.L.D. keyword or TA. Team Two must have at least one figure with the Hydra keyword or TA.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment