MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 6 April 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 6th April 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games. If you have not read my posts on Tuesday or Friday, I have decided to split the "Gaming with Neoscream" post into two posts. Fridays there will be the "Gaming News from Neoscream" post which covers the next and painting sections, while Sunday will have "Gaming with Neoscream" which covers events and new house rules if any.



This Week's Events

On Thursday I went down to York House to play some games of HeroClix. This week we were helping Darren S test his team foe a ROC tournament. My tactic was to boosted Iron Man's defence to 19/20 to make him hard to hit topped with a fifth percent chance of reducing damage to 0. All apart from Darren S's team will be listed in the Armies section.
In the first round I was up against Darren S who was using a themed team. Due to the fact he might be using the team in the ROC tournament I will not be revealing his team. If I remember I will do it next week. Like normal against Darren S, I lost. I would write more about it, however that would mean I would have to reveal his team sadly. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael.
In the second round I was up against Michael who was using an Excalibur themed team. The hammers were a nightmare as his attack values were boosted by +2 and my dice rolls were crap. I lost this game with out doing any real damage. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.
In the third and final round I was up against Adrian who was using an X-Men themed team. This game was more closer as I did KO both Shadowcat (I hate having to do attack her) and a very unlucky Longshot. However I lost the game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael.
Over all Darren S won this week candidates I came dead last. Darren S might not be using the team he used unless it looks like other people will be cheesy on the day with their teams.
Next Months card
For those who are wanting to know, the other games happening at York House were Warhammer Fantasy, DBMM, Warhammer 40,000 and Mansion of Madness.

On Friday I went to this month’s High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. We had an extra play this month so we decided to do two five play games. To make this work (as it technical is designed for four player max) we merged both the Warmachine and Hordes location decks to a larger deck. Sadly I did not win ever game. I got four place in the first one and third in the second one.

Saturday was International TableTop Day and on that day at Wargames Workshop MK we had a DreadBall tournament. As there was only six of us, it was decided that we would play it as a standard league but without MVP as they would slow things down and be over powered.  I went for my Battle Angels (Season Two Corporation) again.
On the first round I was up ageist Rob C who was using his Forge Father. This was a close game where I for some weird reason got a blooding nose out of the blue, but it ended with a draw. With the money I earned, I could get my AJ Lee coach.
This lead to a ruling question I will have to ask Jack Thornton at Salute.
That is if he is them.
On the second round I was up ageist Ian who was using a Season One Corporation team. I managed to white wash him, but I had to replace my number three Jack. With the remaining money I had left picked up a card. Finally I can give a play four acts (not including free ones) a turn that is if I get the right coaching roll and card in my hand. Also my number five Striker went up a Rank and gained the skill Roll.
We stopped for a launch break and then went on to round three. I was up ageist Rob Taylor who was using Teraton team. He manage to kill my number three Jack (again) and my number five Striker, however I did manage to win the game with another white wash. With the money I earn this game I replaced my two dead players and got a second Guard. Also my number one and eight Strikers and my number seven Jack all went up a Rank. Both Strikers gained +1 to their Skill value while the Jack gained +1 to her Strength value. 
On the fourth round I was up ageist Rob F (yes, four out of the six players were named Robert) and he was using a Marauder team. Yet again I lost two players and white washed my opponent. It was number one and seven who dead this time. I decided to use all my money earned to resurrect both of them as they had good advancements.
The DreadBall coach jersey had to be taken off
and rinsed under a tap during the lunch break
due to the nose blood
On the fifth and final round I was up ageist Pete who was using a Z’zor team. This was a close game, but I managed to win. This time it was not a white wash and Alite did get killed sadly. If the league would have continued I would have replace Alite, my number two Jack would have went up a Rank and with the credits I would have win I would by a second card (unless I rolled a double one) and if I did well in the dice roll I might have gotten an extra coaching dice.
Over all I won the league (by one point) and scored the highest total fan check too, which gives me extra points to the Grand Championship. Rob Taylor got second place and Rob F scored the most recovery rounds (sadly I cannot remember the other results and there are not up on the Guardians of Tyr site). The Grand Championship results are not up yet, but I did do some rough calculations and I am at first play with 34 points.  



Armies

Here is my team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Iron Man (300 Marvel Fear Itself) 250
Bethany Cabe (102 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 39
Uru Forge (S301 Marvel Fear Itself) 10
=299 points and two TTPCs (Themed Team Probability Controls).

Here is Darren S’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

TOP SECRET 
=300 points and ? TTPCs.

Here is Adrian’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

Dazzler (008 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Longshot (009 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Cerise (023b Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 60
Shadowcat (204 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 70 280
The Book of the Skull (100 Marvel Fear Itself ) 6 + four out of the eight hammers (I think) 3 x 4 = 12 = 18
=298 points and three TTPCs.

Here is Michael’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:

The Book of the Skull (100 Marvel Fear Itself ) 6 + seven out of the eight hammers (I think) 3 x 7 = 21 = 27
Jean Grey (017 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 40
Havok (024 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 81
Polaris (025 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 94
Jubilee (017 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 56
=298 points and three TTPCs.



Future Events

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·       On Mondays at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night. Board games use to be on a Friday, however
·       On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·       On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·       On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·       On Thursday the 10th of April, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be “15”. Details of the scenario are below. I should be there.
·       On Saturday the 12th of April at Wargames Workshop MK there will be two events. A Yu-Gi-Oh and Vanguard card game tournaments. I WILL not be there.
·        Saturday the 12th of April will be Salute 2014 at London Excel. This year's theme is the D-Day Landings. I will be there.
·       On Sunday the 13th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
·       On Monday the 14th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be starting up a Star Wars X-Wing League.
·       On Friday the 18th of April there will be a Bolt Action tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·       On Saturday the 19th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·       On Saturday the 26th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be running a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament.
·       On Sunday the 27th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be open for a Super Magic: The Gathering event.
·       On Friday the 2nd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I should be there.
·       On Saturday the 3rd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running the Star Wars X-Wing Regional Championship at Wargames Workshop MK.
·       On Saturday the 17th of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be there.
·       Also Saturday the 17th of May will be the Mantic Open Day. Sadly I will not be there.
·       On Saturday the 7th of June Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I plan on being there.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.

HeroClix Scenario “15”: 500 points. DC only. No Batman, Joker, Superman, Lex Luther, Wonder Woman and Circe.




House Rules

For a 5+ player High Command game, add an extra location deck to the location deck pile (most like for every extra two player).



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment