Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the Cool Mini or Not news. The Zombicide Season Three KickStarter has now finished. It has made $2,849,064 and has 12,011 backers. moved up to sixth (may be fifth or better by time you read this) place in the top twenty non-computer KickStarter game.
The stretch goals that have been unlocked since the last post: The Zombie version of the survivor Yuri added to both pledge levels; the Zombie version of the survivor Curro will come with the Human version add-on; both the Human and Zombie versions of Spencer added to both pledge levels; both the Human and the Zombie version of the survivor Kris as an add-on; a Folding Dice Tower added to both pledge levels; and both the Human and the Zombie version of the survivor Miss Trish as an add-on; both the Human and Zombie versions of Kabir added to both pledge levels; and in Rue Morgue the classic red dice are being replaced by yellow dice with bullets instead of dots.
Infected: Rue Morgue (now with yellow bullet dice); the first V.I.P. (Very Infected People) Walkers box set; the Lost Zombivors box set; a Purple Storage Box with all the promo survivor Dashboards from Season One and Two; eight more Skinner Walkers added to both pledge levels; four Skinner Runners; eight more Skinner Crawlers; two more Skinner Fatties; three copies of the Exclusive Slave Princess Leia and Elvis Presley V.I.P. Zombies; nine more Seeker Zombies added to both pledge levels; two more A-Bomb Abomination (one is an Exclusive female version); both the Human and Zombie versions of the survivors Lucius, Cat, Doc, Jesse, Seth, Bastian, Yuri and Spencer; two set of six dice, one yellow and one brown; a dice bag; a set of three Pimp Weapon Cards; eleven more V.I.P. spawn cards; two sets of two 3D Barrier tokens; two copies of the Police Officer, Sailor, Construction Worker, Punk and Santa Claus V.I.P. Zombies; the Team Building Deck; five Storm of Crows figures; a set of Storms of Crows spawn cards; a 110 card Experience Deck; and a Folding Dice Tower.
|Mantic's Dumgeon Saga is coming to |
KickStarter on Monday the 4th
Patient 0: Everything from Infected plus Angry Neighbours and both the Zombie and Human version of the LE Survivor Audrey.
With Arcadia Quest we got a game play video of the expansion Beyond the Grave.
Next is the Mantic news. After posting last week’s post Mantic revealed the date and full name of their next KickStarter. "Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest" will be starting KickStarter on the 4th of August. On Monday (the day it was meant to start shipping) Mantic stated that wave two of Deadzone will starts shipping next week, however on yesterday a post came up saying that has just started shipping. Also the PDF rules for the Mars Attacks game has been sent to call backers.
Now for the Ninja Division news. The Robotech Academy KickStarter will have one or two new Robotech RPG Tactics figures based on the new cartoon. Sadly in does not look like it will be funded in time, but we will have to wait and see.
Next is the Privateer Press news. As I have not heard of any word on the second wave of July’s releases, I do not know if they are already out or they have been delayed to August for some reason. I have the feeling that there are already out. For those who want to know what is in the second wave, these should be: the Protectorate Epic Warcaster Battle Engine Servath Reznik the Wrath of Ages, the Trollblood Character Heavy Warbeast “Dozer and Smigg”, and the Hordes High Command expansion pack “Gargantuan Might”, the Zombiez Keep Out expansion “Night of the Noxious Dead” and issue 55 of No Quarter Magazine.
Now for the Stonehaven Miniatures. They have sent out PDF prototypes of some of their Pop-Up Terrain to backers of the KickStarter.
Next is the Battle System news. The KickStarter stuff has arrived at their warehouse dead on time. So it is going as planned. Also the Fantasy Dungeon Terrain will hopefully start on the 20th of August.
Now for some other gaming news. Beasts of War have been doing a Infinity Operation Icestorm week this week to celebrate Infinity's first ever starter box game Operation Icestorm and the new 3rd Edition rules that will come with it. The revised rules look great and the new figures awesome. I am considering getting the starter, but money might and number of games I already have (and getting) might be a problem.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top 20 non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. DreadBall - $728,982 (Backed at Striker Level)
19. Arcadia Quest - $774,222 (Backed at Guildmaster level)
18. Zombicide Season One - $781,597 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own the game)
17. MERCS Recon - $816,273
16. Relic Knights - $909,537
15. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
14. Myth - $926,112
13. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
12. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
11. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
10. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level sadly)
9. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
8. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
7. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
6. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
5. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
4. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
3. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
2. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
1. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
I also would like make an honourable mention. Warmachine Tactics which made $1,578,950. I never listed it in the top 20 as it was officially a computer game KickStarter. However it is based on a miniature game and had some gaming miniatures in it as rewards.
· Both the “Interface Zero 2.0” rulebook and wave two of “Deadzone” has started being shipped to backers
· “Kingdom Death Monster”, “Mechabrick” and physical copy of “OVA” have been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping
· “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain”, “Mars Attacks”, “Dust Operation Babylon”, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” are meant to start shipping this month
· The PDF copy of the "OVA" rulebook will be sent out on the 4th of August 2014
· “Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest” KickStarter will start on the 4th of August 2014
· “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain” KickStarter might be starting on the 20th of August 2014
· “Arcadia Quest”, the non-coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit”, the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook, “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks) should be shipping in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014. However due to delays on wave one, I have a feeling that this will be the end of this year or the begin of next year
· Both wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” and wave three of “Deadzone” are set to ship in October 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme”, “Last Saga” and the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” are all listed to ship in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time too
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship February 2015
“Painting and Converting”
This week we have three Crates, six lids, two Samaritan Reavers, four Standard Zombie Walkers and a Standard Zombie Runner.
|This week's figure . Sorry no rear shot this week. I forgot|
|This week's Deadzone stuff|
|This week's Sedition Wars figures|
|This week's Zombicide figures|
In next week’s post there will be a Standard Zombie Runner, a Standard Zombie Fatty, four Toxic Zombie Walkers, two Toxic Zombie Runners, a Toxic Zombie Fatty and a Berserker Zombie Walker.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.