Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the Mantic news. On Monday at 1:30PM Mantic started their seventh ever KickStarter, Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest. It was funded in just four minutes. There is currently only one pledge level (not including the early bird version).
The Dungeon Master level gets you the Dungeon Saga game, the Adventurer’s Companion, and an exclusive signed art print. You will get special missions, a Short Story, and all six original scenarios from Dwarf King’s Hold: Dead Rising, remastered using the new DKQ mechanics – all contained in your own Kickstarter Exclusive Dungeon Journal. Also included is Keldan Aury’mtor, a finely detailed hero figure exclusive to this Kickstarter, and any applicable stretch goals we unlock!
The Stretch Goals that they managed to unlock since starting were: Three Armoured Zombies added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; three Dwarf Revenants added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; the villain character Grund Hammerhand the Undead Dwarf King with an extra scenario and a Bonus Tile added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; rule for the Undead Kings of War range for DKQ added to the Adventurer’s Companion book; Crypt Stalkers booster pack that contains three Werewolves, five Wraiths, five Mummies and six Gholes from their Kings of War range as an add-on; an Exclusive resin female human Wizard called Gabrielle Erailc added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; three Ghosts added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; legendary and standard resin versions of Orlaf, Madriga, Danor and Rordin (the heroes from the box game) as add-ons; Three Zombie Trolls added to Dungeon Master Pledge; an extre set of the undead monsters as an add-on; extra tiles and furniture as an add-on; resin counters as an add-on; the villain character Hoggar the Undead Zombie Troll Shaman with an extra scenario and a Bonus Tile added to Dungeon Master Pledge level; and a new plastic hero called Ally McSween the Female Halfling Thief added to Dungeon Master Pledge level.
Stretch Goal that were still going when I posted this were: A new plastic hero called Ibrahim the Male Human Paladin will be added to Dungeon Master Pledge level at $275k.
I have only backed this at $1 to follow it. I own too meanly games as it is already and I already own two dungeon crawlers, the original Super Dungeon Explore and Arcadia Quest.
With DreadBall Xtreme, Mantic have managed to unlock the Tsudoshan MVP M’zai Kein though the Pledge manager and the next pledge manager stretch goal is Season Five prone figures and Keepers at $625k.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. The Pre Pledge Manager was sent out this week for Zombicide Season Three. All they are after at the moment are e-mail addresses.
Now for the OVA news. The PDF is finally out to backers. The artwork is awesome, really love it, but sadly the PDF does not come with the covers. Still no word on when the physical book will ship.
|Gordon and Frazer|
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. Last Friday (after I posted last week’s post) they released their August releases. These were two new Future Freedom Fighters characters and Department X characters Gordon and Frazer.
Now for the Last Saga news. Pre Pledge Manager is now finally out.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. There is a mini update planned to come soon as they have more of the finished armour kits and the pledge manager should be up again soon if it is not already. As I got up today there was an e-mail in my in box. They have new stock in their store. The new stuff are the Nightmare Ram, an Adult Sunstalker and the People of the sun set. They also had a restock of King’s Hand (sold out now), Men’s Man (sold out now), Storm Knight (sold out now) and the female Great Game Hunter. They also still have the Pinups of Death Hard Plastic Collection set, Pinup White Speaker, the Naked Experiment of Death clearness set, White Speaker and 54mm Pinup Preacher in stock. Oh and there is a new painting guide for Pinup Preacher too
|People of the Sun|
Now for the Privateer Press news. This week after months of not being done for month, Privateer Press finally updated the release schedule to show when the month’s releases are out. The first wave of stuff is out on the 13th of August. This will contain the Mercenary Character Unit Alexia Ciannor and the Risen; the Trollkin Unit Trollkin Runeshapers; the Trollblood Heavy Warbeast Earthborn Dire Troll; the Minion Unit Gatormen Posse; and the Warmachine High Command Expansion “Colossal Warfare”. The second wave of release are out on the 27th of August and it will contain: The Mercenary Cephalyx Warcaster Exulon Thexus; the Mercenary Cephalyx Heavy Monstrosity set that can be built into Subduer, Warden and Wrecker; the Mercenary Unit Cephalyx Mind Bender and Drudges; and Legion Light Warbeast Nephilim Bloodseer.
· The “Interface Zero 2.0” rulebook, wave two of “Deadzone” and “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” has started shipping to backers and people have been receiving them. (I will remove this next week)
· “Kingdom Death Monster”, “Mechabrick” and physical copy of “OVA” have been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping
· “Mars Attacks”, “Dust Operation Babylon”, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” are meant to start shipping this month
· “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain” KickStarter might be starting on the 20th of August 2014
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” KickStarter will end on the 31st of August 2014
· “Arcadia Quest”, the non-coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit”, the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook, “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks) should be shipping in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014. However due to delays on wave one, I have a feeling that this will be the end of this year or the begin of next year
· Both wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” and wave three of “Deadzone” are set to ship in October 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme”, “Last Saga” and the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” are all listed to ship in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time as well
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship in February 2015
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” should ship in August 2015
“Painting and Converting”
This week we have a Standard Zombie Runner, a Standard Zombie Fatty, four Toxic Zombie Walkers, two Toxic Zombie Runners, a Toxic Zombie Fatty and a Berserker Zombie Walker.
|This week's Zombies Front view|
|This week's Zombies Rear view|
|Standard Zombie wave eight|
|Toxic Zombies Wave three|
|Season One Zombies|
|Season One Complete|
In next week’s post there will be another Berserker Zombie Walker, Pinup Twilight Knight, Pinup Forsaker, one of the Satan Twins and a unit of Optifex Directives.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.