Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games. Before you ask, yes it was a quite news week.
First off is the Ninja Division news. With Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King, everything is basically down and now it is over to production in China.
Next is the Dust: Operation Babylon news. People in the UK have been receiving their wave one stuff and it has arrived in their US warehouse meaning that the US and Canada backers will have their stuff sent out soon. No word on Austria and New Zeeland other than there is no word.
On over Dust news, Dust Adventures is up for pre-order now. What is Dust Adventures you may be asking? It is a RPG is the Dust world.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide, they are on route to start shipping in February. In fact they have got some Rue Morgue games in the USA warehouse already. Due to this US backers that have confirmed their pledges via our pledge manager before the deadline will get Rue Morgue boxes sent out soon in a separate shipping wave, at no extra expense. I am not happy about it at all (being from the UK) but can understand the cost issues
Next is the Privateer Press news. All the December releases come out is Wednesday. They were: Cygnar Character Heavy Warjack Dynamo; the Trollblood Trollkin Unit Scattergunners; Trollblood Trollkin Unit Krielstone Bearer and Stone Scribes; the Trollblood Unit Highwaymen; the Skorne Unit Praetorian Karax; the Minion Farrow Character Solo Maximus; and the Warmachine High Command Faith and Fortune Engines of Destruction Expansion.
Also they have relieved what they are releasing on February 2015 and it is a WHOPPER month. The redone Cygnar Warcaster Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane; the redone Khador Greylord Warcaster Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova; the Extreme Juggernaut Warjack for Khador; the Extreme Destroyer Warjack for Khador; a Khador All-in-One Army Box Set; the Convergence Battle Engine Transfinite Emergence Projector with Permutation Servitor Solos; the redone Mercenary Privateer Thamarite Warcaster Fiona the Black; the re box Mercenary Character Unit Captain Sam MacHorne and the Devil Dogs; the Trollblood Character Solo Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw; the Trollblood Unit Northkin Fire Eaters; the redone Legion Blighted Ogrun Warlock Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight; a Skorne All-in-One Army Box; the Warmachine High Command Faith and Fortune Ultimate Weapons Expansion; a set of ten Small-Base Wound Markers; a set of eight Medium-Base Wound Markers; a set of five Large-Base Wound Markers; a Warmachine Quick Measuring Set; and a Hordes Quick Measuring Set. No clue on the content of the All-in-One Army Boxes as there is no links to profiles for them. My guess they will be 35 point army deals with everything to get you started. I expect they will do the other forces in the future or at least the main eight.
Lastly for a bit of Games Workshop news. They have decided to replace their 25mm round bases for Warhammer 40,000 with a band new 32mm. No one apart from Games Workshop now, do 32mm. This is most likely the reason why they did it. I would not be shocked if they do not try to copy right the base size and/or label the base in a way where they can say that you have to buy their bases and can only use THEIR official bases. They are not currently selling the bases yet, however the new Blood Angles stuff will be on them.
This is less reasons for me to get back into Warhammer 40,000 as I would have to re base EVERY THING (apart from the Crisis Battle suit).
I have decided to add original shipping dates in brackets of KickStarters that are running late.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and wave two of “Dust Operation Babylon” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015
· “Arcadia Quest” (September 2014) from all but the AU hub, wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for USA and Canada (December 2013) and wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” for all but US, Austria, New Zeeland (August 2014) and wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should have (or soon will) started shipping
· The coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” (November 2014), the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks. August 2014), “Arcadia Quest” (September 2014) from the EU hub, hopefully the physical copy of “OVA” (Dec 2013), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014), wave three of “Deadzone” (December 2013), “Last Saga” (November 2014), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” for US, Austria and New Zeeland (August 2014) all should hopefully be shipping in December 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (Europe) should be ship in January 2015
· “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by February 2015
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship in February 2015
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in April/May 2015
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015
· Both “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” and “Kings of War Second Edition” all should ship in July 2015
· “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015
“Painting and Converting”
Here is the Christmas painting so far. All of the Lily Rain Eves are done and the final four Kallen Kouzuki are very close. Just got to dry brush the guns, tidy up, wash, and then do the bases. Hope to get them do during the weekend.
I have decided to leave it until the first post of next year to go back to normal to give me more time for painting. I have also redone my painting system to change things around. However on top of the Christmas painting, I have finally gotten back to painting stuff, but is just spraying and starting the missing bases for my Long Gunners.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.