Welcome to the newly restructured “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and now includes upcoming local events.
Just letting people know that there will be NO "Gaming with Neoscream" on Sundays now as the content of it has mostly be moved to the "Neoscream's Life" post, apart from the event dates section which has been moved to this post.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of two versions of Outsiders, Shazam and Freddy Freeman from DC Justice League Trinity War.
Next is the Privateer Press news. Wednesday saw the release of a ton of stuff from them which were: the Trollblood Trollkin Unit Kriel Warriors with three Weapon Attachments, the Legion Warbeast Pack Blight Wasps, the Legion Character Nephilim Heavy Warbeast Zuriel, Minion Farrow Unit Farrow Bone Grinders, Official Area of Effect Ring Markers for both Warmachine and Hordes and issue 58 of their No Quarter magazine.
I have found out the news of the deals of the All-In One army deals did come from their website, but under news then products/new releases which I was checking.
This week we also got preview images of two new Warmachine products. These were the Mercenary Privateer Sea Dog Character Unit, the Devil’s Shadow Mutineers; and the Retribution Character Light Myrmidon, Moros.
Now the Mantic news. Wave three of Deadzone should finish shipping from their warehouse by the end of today and that is it for Deadzone, until the second KickStarter.
Wave two of DreadBall Xtrme stuff, which will be the DreadBall Season Four stuff, will be starting shipping soon.
The Pledge Manager for Dungeon Saga Is now done and backers should be receiving emails to enter the Pledge Manager next week. They are using a new system that will do all their KickStarters. Sadly still be word on the second Kings of War Pledge Manager.
Next is the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. Due to problems with changing printers, the first wave will now be shipping in March at the earliness.
|Stonehaven Miniatures Half-Orc Barbarian|
Now for the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics things have been getting delayed. Due to problems with shipping (like delays on the delays on the shipping crate arriving, the ship arriving and leave), they have only just shipped the stuff on sea for their Europe backers to their UK warehouse (well Battle Foams one) this week. It should arrive mid-February. With Australia, they are currently waiting are the shipping container so they can ship the stuff to their backers overseas. They are hoping it will arrive to their Australia warehouse by LATE February or March, but due to strikes this might be delayed. I have listed this as March on the “KickStarter Dates” section because of this. For the rest of the world apart from USA and Canada who have their stuff, their stuff will be shipped directly to them after the Australia stuff is sent to sea. This will ship from them much faster, however there will be duty tax and other shipping delays. No real date on this, however I would make a guess on February/March time, more likely March.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. They are finally back to making greens for their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter and have shown off the green for the Half-Orc Barbarian.
Now for the Knight Miniatures news. Last week I forgot to say that pre-orders for the physical rulebook for the Batman Miniatures are up now. If you get the standard edition you will get an exclusive Alfred miniature and if you order the limited edition Joker cover from their website you get a Joker version of the Red Hood.
Also this week they reviled that they are releasing a TV version Arrow figure. He comes with two heads. One with the hood up and one with the hood down. Sweet. I have to get that with their League of Shadows pack they release not too long ago. Hope they will be doing more characters from the TV shows.
Lastly is the Interface Zero news. The Japan: Empire of the Setting Sun add-on is now finished and available to download from Drivethru RPG.
- “Mechabrick” (April 2014), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and wave two of “Dust Operation Babylon” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
- Wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” apart from Austria and New Zeeland (August 2014), the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” (November 2014) and wave three of “Deadzone” (December 2013) should have (or soon will) started shipping.
- The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” for Austria and New Zeeland (August 2014), “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), “Last Saga” (November 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and should be shipping this month.
- “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by, plus “Zombicide Season Three”, the physical copy of “OVA” (Dec 2013) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe (December 2013) should ship in February 2015.
- Both wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping in March 2015.
- Both wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
- Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
- Both “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
- “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” and “Kings of War Second Edition” all should ship in July 2015.
- Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015.
- “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015.
"Up and coming Events"
Due to changes to the blog this section has been moved from the old "Gaming with Neoscream" post to this one. Every thing else from that old post is being moved to the "Neoscream's Life" post to replace the "Life" section. These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 17th of January 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 18th of January 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Thursday the 22nd of January 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be an "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse” scenario which is 400 points, four figures (no more no less), no figure over 100 points. One figure will get penetrating Poison, one figure will get penetrating Steel Energy, one figure will gain penetrating Quake and one figure will gain double victory points for all figures It KOs.
· On Saturday the 31st of January 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 7th of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 21st of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Friday the 13th of March there will be a RPG event In Milton Keynes. Sadly I have missed placed the leaflet so I do not know the name of the event or the place.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It Is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This week I have for you an Elven Swan Magus, two Swans and seven DreadBall Martian Players.
|This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Stonehaven Miniatures figures|
|This week's DreadBall (Mantic) figures|
Next week there should be one more Martian Player, two prone (dead) Martian tokens, X Jr, an Yndij Reb and my second Strider.
During the week I have finished off two more Zombies and been working on six more Long Gunners, which three are almost finished.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.