Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games. I hope everybody had a Happy New Year. I has been a bit quite on news this week due to the holidays.
First off is the Mantic news. Their January clearance sale is back on in their web store and the Crazy Box is back, but only during the sales will in the past they were around just before Christmas. However this time there is a second Crazy Box. This one is a Sci-Fi one than just a general Mantic one, meaning no Kings of War in it. I might get a Sci-Fi one next week.
Now for the HeroClix news. We get previews of Superman and Ultraman from DC Justice League Trinity War.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. I missed last week that the PDF versions of the Zombicide Rue Morgue and Angary Nabors rulebook. With them there are a couple of minor changes to the rule.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. Last week I forgot to post that they posted a free PDF added for 7th Voyage for Christmas. It is the “Monty Python and the Holy Grail Film Guide”. There are even rules for the rabbit.
Also they have releases this week. They are four female figures based on past Doctor Who companions. They are known as the “Temporal Travellers 2”. There is also a January discount code for 20% off all miniatures, excluding the “Temporal Travellers 2” and Starter Sets. Simply use the code LOWHUG15 when you are on checkout on their webstore.
Next here is this month’s look at the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. Arcadia Quest - $774,222 (Backed at Guildmaster level)
19. Zombicide Season One - $781,597 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own the game)
18. MERCS Recon - $816,273
17. Relic Knights - $909,537
16. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
15. Myth - $926,112
14. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
13. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
12. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
11. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
10. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level sadly)
9. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
8. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
7. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
6. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
5. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
4. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
3. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
2. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
1. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
I also would like make an honourable mention. Warmachine Tactics which made $1,578,950. I never listed it in the top twenty as it was officially a computer game KickStarter. However it is based on a miniature game and had some gaming miniatures in it as rewards.
Lastly here is the top ten non-computer gaming KickStarters of 2014, six of them are in the top twenty of all time. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
10. Robot Turtles: The Board Game for Little Programmers - $631,230
9. Tokaido Collector’s Edition - $668,721
8. Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition - $672,899
7. Rum and Bones - $739,513
6. Arcadia Quest - $774,222 (Backed at Guildmaster level)
5. MERCS Recon - $816,273
4. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
3. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
2. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
1. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
I have decided to add original shipping dates in brackets of KickStarters that are running late.
- “Mechabrick” (April 2014), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and wave two of “Dust Operation Babylon” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
- Wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for USA and Canada (December 2013), wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” apart from Austria and New Zeeland (August 2014), the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” (November 2014) and wave three of “Deadzone” (December 2013) should have (or soon will) started shipping.
- The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), wave one of “Dust Operation Babylon” for Austria and New Zeeland (August 2014), “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), “Last Saga” (November 2014), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe (December 2013) should be shipping this month.
- “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by, plus both “Zombicide Season Three” and the physical copy of “OVA” (Dec 2013) should ship in February 2015.
- Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in April/May 2015.
- Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
- Both “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
- “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” and “Kings of War Second Edition” all should ship in July 2015.
- “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015.
- Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015.
“Painting and Converting”
Things are back to normal now and this week I have for you four Standard Zombie Walkers, two Standard Zombie Runner, a Standard Zombie Fatty and my second Pinup Great Game Hunter (this is the plastic one than the resin one).
|This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Zombicide figures|
|The tenth wave of Standard Zombies|
|My second Pinup Great Game Hunter|
Next week there should be my Long Gunner unit from the Warmachine/Hordes League but now with their real bases, two or three extra Long Gunners and an Elven Ice Queen.
I have finished off same Deadzone figures and moved on to painting some Arcadia Quest figures.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.