Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Nova from Marvel Avengers Assemble.
Next the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week they decided to show all the greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter. The pledge manager will be ending at the end of April.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With the Ninja All Stars KickStarter the goals unlock since last week’s post were: The Moonlight Tournament Trophy was added to both pledge levels; the Ronin Onryo was added to both pledge levels; the Ronin Mochizuki as an add-on; the Ronin Hanzo was be added to both pledge levels; the Ronin Tengu was added to both pledge levels; and the Ronin Kappa was added to both pledge levels.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: The Ronin Blind Swordsman as an add-on at $350k; six more Lanterns will be added to both pledge levels at $365k; and the Ronin Inu of Clan Kaiken will be added to both pledge levels at $380k; the Ronin Yokozuna as an add-on at $390k; an extra Oni will be added to each clan at $400k; the Sun Empire Wandering Samurai as an add-on at $420k; the Ronin Onibaba will be added to both pledge levels at 2,500 backers.
This KickStarter will be ending on Tuesday so let us see what they can unlock between now and then.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. After finally having a look at the stuff for Zombicide Season Three and getting a couple of games in, I have noticed some problems. First if you had not brought the Crows or Ultimate Survivors box sets as add-ons, you do not have rules for the free Crows or Experience deck you got at both Infected and Patient 0 level. Well only until PDFs for them are released. The next problem is that the gaming boards are bent slightly in the middle so the boards will not lay flat next to each other. Lastly there is a confusion about spawn points in Angry Neighbours with missions that uses Rue Morgue as the core set as there are missions with spawn points with out numbers. Do they spawn on top of the number of randomised ones or do they spawn and reduce the number of randomised rolls?
Now for the Mantic news. The D.O.G drones from the Deadzone Infestation KickStarter is being redesigned and I really like the new concept.
Next is the Guild Ball news. My Guild Ball team arrived last Friday just after last week's post and there was a major disappointment with it. The goal that was a pole that was upgraded to a Guild specific version from the first stretch goal, was now a medallion style goal (well basically a base insert) that has the Guild Ball logo. The pole looks cooler but I am fine with the medallion style, but it should have been the guild's logo than the generic Guild Ball one. OK this new goal is now a Kickstarter Exclusive and the retail teams will not include a goal any more now, but this is the biggest bull sh** I have ever seen on KickStarter. They did not even told backers about the change until people started complaining, and they skipped out of the first stretch goal. Sorry that! That is just terrible. I can understand why the done the change, but not saying to backers about it during design or production is just terrible.
|The original design of the goal for Guild Ball|
Other than that everything else was quite good. The team I got was the Masons Guild, I also picked up Tower and the Union member I picked was Snakeskin. Wish I had insert bases for both Tower and Snakeskin.
Now for the Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master news. The pledge manager is slowly rolling out to backers now. Also they have been a change to shipping. The base game will be available to ship in July, but the all the extras will not be ready until the fourth quarter of 2015. Backer will have the option to divide the shipment into two, but at an extra cost to postage and packing.
Next is the Dungeon Architect Cards. The PDFs are now up for download for the backers of this KickStarter.
|The new goal for Guild Ball. Does not come painted|
and this was not painted by me.
Lastly we have the Last Saga news. Just over half of the figures have finish production and the rest is currently in production.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for everyone apart from the EU and Asia and and the PDF version of Dungeon Architect Cards.
· “Ninja All-Stars” KickStarter should end on the 21st of April 2015.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013) and wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for the EU should ship in April 2015.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) plus wave one for Asia, “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· Both “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Both wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Ninja All-Stars” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
· On Saturday the 30th of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 6th of June 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you three Mars Attacks Civilians and four Asterian Kalyshi Players.
|This post's figure front view|
|This post's figures rear view|
|This post's Mars Attacks figures|
|This post's DreadBall Xtreme figures|
The next post should be two Asterian Kalyshi Prone tokens, sponsor Blaine and The Warden all from DreadBall Xtreme.
During the week I have finished painting one more spue of BattleZone terrain and twelve Arcadia Quest figures. I am currently working on a BEEP ton of Zombicide figure including undercoating them.