Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk from the Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron movie Starter set (last week’s figures were from the starter as well); and Captain America, Thor, Iron Man Mk. 43, Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk from the Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron movie Main set.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were the half-orc Gladiator.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With the Ninja All Stars KickStarter the goals unlock since last week’s post were: The Ronin Howl and Yip (wolf and cub) as an add-on; and the Kitsune Clan; an Oni was added to all clans; the Kitune Clan Hero Uzumaki was added to both pledge levels; the Ronin Mizuchi as an add-on; the Ronin Komuso as an add-on; the Ijin Clan Hero Yobuko was added to both pledge levels; and the Tanchyo Clan.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: the Tora Clan Hero Ryu will be added to both pledge levels at $250k; the Ronin Jorogumo as an add-on at $265k; the Yamazaru Clan Hero Mizaru will be added to both pledge levels at $280k; the Moonlight Tournament Trophy will be added to both pledge levels at $300k; the Ronin Mochizuki as an add-on at $310k; the Ronin Tengu will be added to both pledge levels at $325k; and the Tanchyo Clan Hero Karura at 1.9k backers.
Next is the Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business news. They have made $178,505 with 693 backers. They managed to unlock since last week’s post: New models for the original six faction as add-ons; new Sidekicks for all four new Factions; new Light Supports for all four new Factions; new Heavy Support for all four new Factions; a new figure for all but Dark Nation of the new Factions; ten Ladies of the west figures as an add-on.
Sadly the only Stretch Goals that they did not make were: The four Horseman at $200k; and wave two Hired Hands for all four new Factions at $300k and a Mercenary Light Support figure added to Rebel level and above at 1,000 backer.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. On Wednesday I received my Zombicide Season Three stuff. I have had a brief look at things as I reorganised things with my other Zombicide stuff as I was tidying my bedroom. The new spawning rules are quite interesting.
|My Zombicide Season Three|
Next is the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game news. It has finished now making £234,602 with 3,167 backers. The goals unlock since last week were: A 28mm figure of Jeff Tracy was added to Expansion Four to use as an alternate current player marker; and an International Rescue Agent ID Card will was added to the base game which grants to owner a 10% off at Modiphius convention stands; six more extra Mission cards were added to Expansion Two; an International Rescue Agent ID Card Holder for the ID card were added to Expansion Three; rules for timed play were added to Expansion Three; the Hood’s Minions were added to Expansion Four; and a set of thirty Metal Bonus Tokens as an add-on.
Sadly the only Stretch Goals that they did not make were (but can still be unlocked from the Pledge Manager: 28mm figures of all the characters will be added to Expansion Three at $253k.
Now for the Megacon Games news. The Myth Journeyman KickStarter has finish. They have made $972,886 with 4,739 backers, making it the eighteenth place in the twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. The goals unlock since last week’s post were: Two the Dark Under captains “Blade” were added to both Hero and Minion pledge; the Dark Under boss “Roland the Hand” were added to both Hero and Minion pledge; Scourge of the Symbio module as an add-on; two Alchemist heroes were added to both Hero and Minion pledge; the Rot module; Tavern Mode expansion rules were added to both Hero and Minion pledge; and the Ultra Boss “Hrīmceald” was added to both Hero and Minion pledge; ten the Siege of Ferrenroc minions “Razorlings” and two of their captains “Dragonscale Knights” were added to both Hero and Minion pledge; and the Siege of Ferrenroc module as an add-on.
Sadly the only Stretch Goals that they did not make were: The Ultra Boss Cyclops would have been added to both Hero and Minion pledge at $1m.
Next is the Dwarven Forge's news. Their latest KickStarter "Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System" has just finished. They have made $2,359,260 with 2,719 backers, making it the sixth place in the twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters, beating both their past KickStarters. The goals unlock since last week’s post were: A Townsfolk add-on pack; Magnetic Wall Accessory; Modular Balconies add-on pack; Bridge of Valour add-on pack; The Overcity pledge level, the Gable add-on pack; Arrowslit wall; Interior Railing; Tavern Accessories add-on pack; Wooden Half Height Corner Post; Mystery Mini Grab Bag; Lighted Walls add-on pack; Magnetic Walls add-on pack; Stone Double Corner Post; Arrowslit Wall set add-on pack; Tapestry of Deceit City Skirmish as a free PDF; LED Lighted Brazier set add-on pack; LED Lighted Stand for Minis; Stefan’s Maps and Dumgeons book as an add-on; the Deluxe Balconies add-on pack; Iron Bars Window Insert; Curtains Window Insert; and a Wicked City Accessory set add-on pack.
Sadly the only Stretch Goals that they did not make were: Iron Trapddor at $2.4m.
Now for the Mantic news. The goals and add-ons Deadzone Infestation KickStarter managed to unlock since last week’s post were: The Veer-myn Shredders as an added on; and new Faction boosters for Veer-myn and Enforces as add-ons and a faction booster of your choose added to Quarantine pledge level; Veer-myn Night-Terror with Reaper Herness as an add-on; a second Veer-myn Faction Boost; a Kickstarter Exclusive high quality commemorative print of the Cover Art will be added to Outbreak pledge level and above; a Veer-myn Ravager with Chemical Laser Cannon and Veer-myn Shredder with twin Super-Drills as add-ons; one extra Shredder/Ravager added to the Quarantine pledge level; one extra Shredder/Ravager added to one of the Veer-myn Faction Boost; a Veer-myn Heavy Chem-Thrower as its own faction booster with a Veer-myn Progenitor; Plague Zombie add-on set; the BattleZone Forward Strongpoint set as an add-on; an Acrylic Doors and Windows add-on pack; a new pledge level called Lock-Down; First Generation Aberration as an added and as part of a Plague Faction Booster with five Plague Zombies; five Asterian Kalyshi as an added and as part of an Asterian Faction Booster with two Asterian Weapon Drones; and Deadzone Short Story Compilation II.
It the new Lock-down pledge level you get all of the great goodies included in Quarantine, double the terrain, and all of the Faction Boosters rather than just one.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: A Night-Terror’s Chem-Sprayer harness as an alternate weapon for the Night-Terror at $255k.
This KickStarter will be ending on Monday so let us see what they can unlock between now and then.
With Kings of War, the beta 2nd edition rules are up for download.
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. The April releases of the “not UNIT” figures have been released. I was planing on doing new team photos of my stuff however I still have not gotten around to doing them yet or relook at the team sheets. The second edition news has also delayed things, however they will not be out any time soon by the sound of things, just a demo (beta still most likely) at Salute). But good news, by the sound of things the new rules will be a free download.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. Myth - $926,112
19. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
18. Myth Journeyman - $972,886 (Backed at $1)
17. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
16. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1)
15. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
14. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level)
13. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
12. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
11. Ghostbusters the Board Game – $1,546,269 (Backed at $1)
10. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
9. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
8. Dwarvenite Game Caverns Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
7. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
6. Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System – Still Going (Backed at $1)
5. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
4. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
3. Conan - $3,327,757 (Backed at $1)
2. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
1. Exploding Kittens - $8,782,571 (Backed at The NSFW Deck level)
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· “Zombicide Season Three” (February 2015), “Guild Ball” (December 2014) and wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Canada and Australia.
· “Deadzone Infestation” KickStarter should end on the 6th of April 2015.
· “Ninja All-Stars” KickStarter should end on the 21st of April 2015.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for everyone apart from Canada and Australia, “Last Saga” (November 2014) and the PDF version of Dungeon Architect Cards should ship this month.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· Both “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Both “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Both wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Ninja All-Stars” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 4th of April 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 11th of April in International TableTop Day. Play more games.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
· On Saturday the 30th of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you two Sister of Pleasure, one more Sister of Pain, two Goblin Archers and four Zombie Dogs.
|This post's figures front view|
|This post's figures rear view|
|This post's Arcadia Quest figures|
|The black dress set of the Sisters|
|The grey dress set of the Sisters. I need to fix the nose of the Sister of Pain. The hero set will be in white dress and I will base them after Rei and Asuka from Evengelion|
|Wave four of the Zombie dogs|
|All the Zombies Completed|
|Here is an old picture of a finished goblin next to a one the I was still in the middle of doing. A friend of mine recommended me to do this so you all an see a early stage next to a finished version|
The next post should be both the human and zombie form of Mery and the human form of Red Cap.
During the week I have not been doing any paint due to tidying my bed room. However this mean I have recognised my painting space. As seen below.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.