Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Felix Faust and the Brainiac Skull Ship from their DC Convention Exclusives.
Next the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were the half-dragon Rouge, the half-orc Thief and the half-orc Cleric.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With the Ninja All Stars KickStarter the goals unlock since last week’s post were: The Tora Clan Hero Ryu was added to both pledge levels; the Tanchyo Clan Hero Karura was added to both pledge levels; the Ronin Jorogumo as an add-on; and the Yamazaru Clan Hero Mizaru was added to both pledge levels.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: The Moonlight Tournament Trophy will be added to both pledge levels at $300k; the Ronin Mochizuki as an add-on at $310k; the Ronin Tengu will be added to both pledge levels at $325k; the Ronin Kappa will be added to both pledge levels at $340k; the Ronin Blind Swordsman as an add-on at $350k; six more Lanterns will be added to both pledge levels at $365k; and the Ronin Onryo will be added to both pledge levels at 2.1k backers.
After some things I decided to back this KickStarter over the $1 amount I was at to follow It for my blog. I gone for Ninja Master level and plan on getting the Ronin Shojo as well. The clans I plan on picking up from the pledge level are Yamazaru and Kitsune.
With Super Dungeon Explore we got some shipping updates for wave one. With the US, despite one container delivery mysteriously being held up, most if not all by now should have shipped. With the UK everything should be at the warehouse by now and should be shipping to backers by now. With the EU, the container arrived in Hamburg and is in customs now. With Asia, like I said before wave one will be combined with wave two. It has finished shipping to Canada and Australia.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. On April 1st they revealed a new Zombicide called Black Plague. It is basically Zombicide in a Fantasy realm, with things like Dwarves, Elves and Magic. Everyone thought it was an April Fools, the reason I did not post about it last week. However it is not. This is happening and should hit KickStarter at the end of May. I like the look of it, but I only just got Season Three last week, it is far too soon. And does Zombicide really need yet another KickStarter? They have proven that Zombicide will sell. Everyone is buying it. They should have given it something like six months before talking about adding more. OK by the sound of it, this is its own game and NOT season four, but it is still too early for more Zombicide.
Now for the Mantic news. Their latest KickStarter “Deadzone Infestation” has finished now. They have made $380,554 with 2,810 backers. The Stretch Goals and add-ons they managed to unlock since last week’s post were: A Night-Terror’s Chem-Sprayer harness as an alternate weapon for the Night-Terror; Teraton Shock Trooper was added to the Lock Down pledge level; Marauder Sky Scraper with parts to turn it into the character Marauder Chief Mauhulakh added to the Lock Down pledge level; Veer-myn Spitter Upgrade; Enforcer Jetbike Heavy Weapon Upgrade; the Kickstarter Exclusive N7-117 the Enforcer Forward Observer special character was added to the Quarantine pledge level and above; Veer-myn Faction D8s as an add-on; a sprue of five Forge Father Steel Warriors in hard plastic was added to the Quarantine pledge level and above; Forge Father Stormrage Veterans upgrades added to the Forge Father Steel Warriors sprue; an extra sprue of five Forge Father Steel Warriors/Veterans was added to the Lock Down pledge level; Rebs Rin Nomad with parts to turn it into the character Hund Bounty Hunter was added to the Lock Down pledge level; Forge Father Drakkarim upgrades added to the Forge Father Steel Warriors/Veterans sprue; a Deadzone Signs Pack add-on; a Blast Mining Barricades Pack add-on; a Hex Field inserts with removable doors Pack add-on; a X Brace Hex Field Inserts Pack add-on; a Tracked Mining Cart add-on; the DreadBall Xtreme Scenery Pack add-on; Rebs Sphyr Lancer with parts to turn it into the character Adrienne Nikolovski Rebs Commander was added to the Lock Down pledge level; a Single Miniatures booster including Arienne, the Teraton Shock Trooper, Chief Mauhulakh and Hund which is treated as a faction booster so you can select it as your free faction booster if you are at Quarantine pledge level; and Ogre Terminator with Mini-Gun as an add-on.
There was no Stretch Goals left going when the KickStarter ended.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. On Wednesday night/Thursday morning they added a ton of new stock and restock on their web store. The new stuff are the Thief (now sold out) and both a female and male version of the Apotheosis. With the restock we got The Flower Witch (now sold out), the Satan twins, Storm Knight, Gold Smoke Knight (now sold out) and Slender Man (now sold out). I was planning on getting the Thief, however their have gotten rid of the cheaper choose of shipping for her. Why I do not know as everything else is coming up with the cheaper shipping. Sorry not got $47 for postage and packing for a single figure.
We also got an update on the KickStarter. Everything is currently meeting all the new deadlines. The printed stuff has been sent to the printers. The plastic production is now hundred percent finished and it has been transported to the company handling the printing and packaging. The Core Game packaging has been approved. The Tray that holds the game components is done and looks great.
Now for the Privateer Press news. Last night we got the list of releases for June and July, however there are still no date(s) for the April releases. June will see the release of: Warmachine Reckoning; the Iron Fang Pikemen/Black Dragons Khador Unit with Unit Attachment; the Tharn Wolf Riders Circle Cavalry Unit; the Extreme Titan Gladiator Skorne Heavy Warbeast; No Quarter Presents Forces of Distinction; the Retribution of Scyrah Army Box; and issue 60 of No Quarter. While July will see the release of: Major Prime Victoria Haley the Cygnar Epic Warcaster Unit; Anson Durst, Rock of the Faith the Protectorate Warcaster; the Mechanithralls Cryx Unit with three Weapon Attachments; the Nephilim Bolt Thrower Legion Light Warbeast; the Nephilim Soldier Legion Light Warbeast; the Extreme Carnivean Legion Heavy Warbeast; the Efaarit Scout Minion Light Cavalry Solo; the Gremlin Swarm Minion Solo; the Croak Raiders Minion Gatorman Unit; the Convergence of Cyriss Army Box (sweet); and issue 61 of No Quarter (I thought thing was bio-monthly).
We also go a look at new the Protectorate Warcaster Anson Durst, Rock of the Faith.
Lastly we there is the Shadows of Brimstone news. Wave 1.5 has been pushed back to around October time. This will mean that wave two will be pushed back as it was meant to be August time. There is currently no new rough date for wave two.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Guild Ball” (December 2014) and wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for everyone apart from the EU and Asia.
· “Ninja All-Stars” KickStarter should end on the 21st of April 2015.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for the EU and Asia, “Last Saga” (November 2014) and the PDF version of Dungeon Architect Cards should ship in April 2015.
· Both wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· Both “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Both wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Ninja All-Stars” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 11th of April in International TableTop Day. Play more games.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
· On Saturday the 30th of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 6th of June 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you the White Knight from Kingdom Death and a Defender Cygnar Heavy Warjack.
The next post should be a Cygnar Ranger, a Convergence Reflex Servitor, Leveticus and two Hollow Waifs.
During the week I have finished painting three Dreadball figures and three spues of BattleZone terrain. I am currently working on more BattleZone terrain and hopefully be starting of more Arcadia Quest figures soon.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.