MK HeroClix House Rules

Friday 17 September 2010

Heroclix 16th September, Crisis on Infinite Earths: Week One

Sorry about the about the posting problems, but with the laptop being sent off for repairs, the BlackBerry's batterly acting up, reorganising my Heroclix figures, making the teams for the Heroclix campaign and the fact that I am working Thursday, I do not really have the time to finish the "Neoscream's Log" as I still was writing Thrusday's log or do much of a DreamClix post. However it has not stopped this post from being one of the biggest if not the biggest Heroclix post.
Well this week is the start of a 12 week long campagin. After talking to Darren S the basic plan for my 2000 points build poll was to build five teams at 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 points each. My pool ended up being:

Batman (Arkham Asylum) 64
Batman (Justice League) 75
Batman (Vet Legacy) 111
Beast (Mutations and Monsters) 73
Cosmic Boy (Legion of Super Heroes) 70
Cyclops (Mutations and Monsters) 50
Dark Beast (Mutations and Monsters) 69
Dream Girl (Justice League) 50
Hawkeye (Avengers) 56 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 64
Iron Man (Secret Invasion) 188
Iron Man (Web of Spider-Man) 202
Jean Grey (Rook Universe) 31
Karate Kid (Crisis) 63
Klarion (Crisis) 76
Mockingbird (Vet Super Nova) 34
Nurse (Web of Spider-Man) 10
Psylocke (Vet Xplosion) 29
Ra’s al-Ghul (Vet Legacy) 108
Researcher (Web of Spider-Man) 15
Robin (Crisis) 79
Robin (starter Icons) 22
My build pool
Robot (Invincible) 92
Scarlet Witch (Avengers) 35
Spider-Girl (Secret Invasion) 77
Spider-Man (red and blue suit Web of Spider-Man) 78
Spoiler (Vet Legacy) 22
Storm (Danger Room) 40
Wolverine (Fantastic Forces) 71
Yellowjacket (Secret Invasion) 100
=1998 points.

Sadly I did not have the lists of the others forces at the moment, but hopefully I will have them for next week.

This week's, Week 1 is just standard games. Round one is 200 points, round 3 is 300 point and round three is 500 points with only 3 actions.

So Round 1, 200 points. I used my 200 point force that I made. Before I revile which figures from my build pool above I used in the 200 point team, I wanted to talk about why I went for them. I decided to go for a Gothan City team for this point’s value as there were lots of cheep and useful figure with that Keyword. I could have gone for X-Men or Teen, but as I did not pull the new Nightcrawler I did not fill like doing an X-Men team at all at that point in time and a Teens team really need more characters in the force to pull it off. The characters I went for were:

Batman (Justice Leauge) 75
Robin (Crisis) 79
Spoiler (Vet Legacy) 22
Robin (Starter Icons) 22
=198 points and two re-rolls.

This is my smallest team in numbers and points value. I went up against Adrian’s 200 points team. He was using a Fantastic Four team with:

Sue Storm (LE Fantastic Forces) 49 + Fantastic Four ATA 5 = 54
She-Thing (Secret Invasion) 50 + Fantastic Four ATA 5 = 55
Logan (Vet Clobberin Time) 60 + Fantastic Four ATA 5 = 65
= 174 point and one re-roll.

I ended up losing the round with my whole team being KOed, however my 79 point Crisis Robin did OKed his Sue Storm. All but my Icons starter set Robin ended up missing the next 4 rounds, meaning I cannot use them until the last round of next week. While Icons starter set Robin only was out for 1 or 2 rounds. I did not note it down as he was not going to be used in the next two rounds any way. However Adrian’s Sue Storm ended up being MIA.

Round 2, 300 points. I used my 300 point force that I made. Before I revile which figures from my build pool above I used in the 300 point team, I wanted to talk about why I went for them. At first I was planning a monster (Symbiote) team with Venom, two Symbiotes, zombie Iron Man, Man-Bat and a Moloid. But the night before I reread the rules and noticed the part “You may only add a figure to your Build Pool once (based on rank and figure number)”. So that means no multiples of generics. So I decided to build an X-Men team which rebuilt again in the morning after doing some thinking as I did not like some of the defences.  It was going to be Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Hepzibah and Universe Cyclops. The final team was:

Beast (Mutations and Monsters) 73
Cyclops (Mutations and Monsters) 50
Jean Grey (Rook Universe) 31
Psylocke (Vet Xplosion) 29
Storm (Danger Room) 40
Wolverine (Fantastic Forces) 71
=294 points and three re-rolls.

However after talking to Darren, multiples of generics was aloud, it was just he forgot to state it as it was the normal rule of thumb in our group. But I am happy with the new team. It feels like it will work. I was up against Michael’s 300 points team. He was using a monster team with:

Mole Man (Mutations and Monsters) 50
Spider-Man (Mutations and Monsters) 50
Iron Man (Mutations and Monsters) 70
Rampaging Hulk (Mutations and Monsters) 128
=298 points and two re-rolls.

I ended up white washing him. Storm might not have OKed anybody but with Beast upping her attack to 11 and Psylocke upping her range Combat Expert Attack damage to 5, she was a real monster for 40 points. Sadly I cannot remember how many rounds his characters are out for.

The last round of the week, round 3 was 500 points, three actions. I used my 500 point force that I made. Before I revile which figures from my build pool above I used in the 500 point team, I wanted to talk about why I went for them. I was originally plan to make the Avengers team my 600 points team, however when I was making the what is now 600 points team, I realised I needed to make is 600 points then 500 point or it would be too unbalanced. The characters I ended up going for in the Avengers team were:

Hawkeye (Avengers) 56 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 64
Iron Man (Secret Invasion) 188
Mockingbird (Vet Super Nova) 34
Scarlet Witch (Avengers) 35
Spider-Man (red and blue suit Web of Spider-Man) 78
Yellowjacket (Secret Invasion) 100
=499 points and three re-rolls.

I went up against Darren’s 500 points team. He went for a Thunderbolts team with:

Bullseye (Web of Spider-Man) 117 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 125
Moonstone (Hammer of Thor) 76 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 84
Venom (Hammer of Thor) 73 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 81
Citizen V (Avengers) 58 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 66
Radioactive Man (Vet Super Nova) 80 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 88
Songbird (Rook Fantastic Forces) 44 + Thunderbolts ATA 8 = 52
=496 points and three re-rolls.

I was scared of this team. It was a team controlled by Darren and it had that new dirty Bullseye in it with his Running Shot, attack 12, ignore Super Senses and Shape Change trait and Sharp Shooter ability. My Hawkeye Thunderbolted to Ultimates and his Thunderbolts Thunderbolted to Sinister Syndicate as he was dreaming of the 12 attack. However he first targeted Scarlet Witch to take out my Probability Control. He was successful, but did admit that it was a bad move and that he should have targeted Iron Man instead. I pushed my Yellowjacket to gain his Perplex and did a double Perplex on Iron Man’s range and Running Shot the idiot that has a target symbol on his for head, dealing four clicks of damage on him. Overall the Avenger tore apart the Thunderbolts team. Only Spider-Man and Hawkeye were KOed in my team. Spider-Man would miss the next two rounds while Hawkeye would miss the next three rounds, meaning he will not be around next weeks. Sadly there was no MIA in Darren’s.

After the first week it looks like I am in the lead. Sweet.  Both Adrian and Michael did not do too well. Michael use 75% of his 200 points team and one other character and Adrian lost three characters, two of which were very important.  Next week will be round 4 400 points, round 5 200 points and round 6 300 points. With round 1, my 400 points team has not been used yet so I am ok with them. With round 6, as my 300 points team are all ok, I can use them. But sadly my with round 5, all but one of the characters will not be back until the round after for the pre set 200 point team so I will have to build a new acting team from what I am not using in the other teams that I am using that week. Below is a list of the current status of my characters.
 
Batman (Arkham Asylum) XP 0.
Batman (Justice League) will be back in action on round 6.
Batman (Vet Legacy) XP 0.
Beast (Mutations and Monsters) XP 0.
Cosmic Boy (Legion of Super Heroes) XP 0.
Cyclops (Mutations and Monsters) had KOed two characters making his XP 10.
Dark Beast (Mutations and Monsters) XP 0.
Dream Girl (Justice League) XP 0.
Hawkeye (Avengers) with Thunderbolts ATA will be back in action on round 7 and he had KOed one character making his XP 5.
Iron Man (Secret Invasion) had KOed three characters making his XP 15.
Iron Man (Web of Spider-Man) XP 0.
Jean Grey (Rook Universe) XP 0.
Karate Kid (Crisis) XP 0.
Klarion (Crisis) XP 0.
Mockingbird (Vet Super Nova) had KOed one character making his XP 5.
Nurse (Web of Spider-Man) XP 0.
Psylocke (Vet Xplosion) had KOed one character making his XP 5.
Ra’s al-Ghul (Vet Legacy) XP 0.
Researcher (Web of Spider-Man) XP 0.
Robin (Crisis) will be back in action on round 6 and he had KOed one character making his XP 5. Kill Talley: Sue Storm.
Robin (starter Icons) XP 0.
Robot (Invincible) XP 0.
Scarlet Witch (Avengers) XP 0.
Spider-Girl (Secret Invasion) XP 0.
Spider-Man (red and blue suit Web of Spider-Man) will be back in action on round 6.
Spoiler (Vet Legacy) will be back in action on round 6.
Storm (Danger Room) XP 0.
Wolverine (Fantastic Forces) had KOed one character making his XP 5.
Yellowjacket (Secret Invasion) had KOed one character making his XP 5.


This week's DreamClix is just one character due to the problems. That will be Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto. Naruto Uzumaki is the title character and main protagonist of the series. Although he is only a genin of Konohagakure, he is trained in the art of senjutsu and thus is one of the village's most powerful ninja. He is a member of Team Kakashi, the student of Jiraiya, and the jinchÅ«riki of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. He should have a special ability called “Shadow Clone Jutsu” and another called “Nine-Tailed Demon Fox”. Both of these should be on most versions of Naruto, apart from the Naruto Shadow Clone pogs, but some later versions might add extra abilities to it
“Shadow Clone Justsu: Naruto has Mastermind, but he can only do it to characters that have “Naruto” in the name. Also when he uses Mastermind, he can treat any friendly character 4 or fewer squares away to which he has a clear line of fire as if it were adjacent. Any damage from Mastermind cannot be Mastermind again.”
“Nine-Tailed Demon Fox: Naruto can use perplex four times during your turn but only on himself. If he does this, at the end of the turn he and any other friendly character that are adjacent to him takes one click of unavoidable damage.”
Other power should be Replacement Jutsu aka Super Senses, Charge maybe, Running Shot maybe, Toughness maybe and Willpower. His starting states should be around movement 10, attack 9, defence 16, damage 2 and range 6 with one target. Six clicks of health with Nine-Tailed Demon Fox on the second to last click. His keywords should be Team Kakashi, Kid, Konohagakure, Ninja (generic) and Jinchūriki and his TA should be the Naruto one.
As a quick bonus I have also done a Naruto Shadow Clone pog. It should have Leap Climb and states of movement 8, attack 8, defence 15, damage 1 or 2 and range 6 with one target.

Well that was a whopper of a post at five whole pages long and it looks like next week’s will be much bigger with the other players build pools and a full three or more characters for DreamClix too. Well until next time, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment