Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: S.H.I.E.L.D. Space Rig, a super rare Nick Fury, Captain America’s Motorcycle and Avengers Sky-Cycle from Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Now for the Mantic news. The long awaited Warpath KickStarter started on Monday. This is their Sci-Fi Massive battle game. Oddly there are only three faction in it so far Enforcers, Forge Fathers and Veer-myn. Where the hell are the standard Corporation grunts and Marauders, the back bone of the past versions of the game? Maybe they will get unlocked later on in the campaign like with the Plague. Anyway, there are two main pledge levels which are Warfare and Advances Warfare. Warfare is $50 and it started with the Rulebook, the Source Book the Firefight Rulebook and a set of Warpath dice. Advances Warfare is $125 and will get you everything in Warfare, your chose of one hard plastic vehicle and ever the two player starter set “Operation Heracles” or a Battlegroup of ever Enforcers, Forge Fathers and Veer-myn.
Since starting they have managed to unlock: The game was funded; the rulebook was upgrades; the KickStarter Exclusive sculpt of Enforcer Lt. Roca was added to Operation Heracles and the Enforcer Battlegroup; a set of plastic Counters was added to the Warfare pledge level; the Enforcer Accuser Interceptor; five Steel Warriors were added to Operation Heracles and the Forge Father Battlegroup; five Veer-Myn Creepers were added to the Verr-Myn Battlegroup; five Pathfinders were added to the Enforces Battlegroup; the KickStarter Exclusive sculpts of Forge Lord Ingulf Krestürsson and Padd was added to Operation Heracles and the Forge Father Battlegroup; the Forge Father Sturnhammer Battle Tank; the Forge Father Drakkar APC; the KickStarter Exclusive sculpt of Hacker Half-Tail Veer-Myn Creeper was added to the Veer-Myn Battlegroup; and the Enforcer Persecutor Bomber; the Enforcer Arbiter Interceptor; three Enforcer Interceptors as a Battlegroup; and five Hammerfist Drop Troops were added to the Forge Father Battlegroup.
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: Hard plastic Plague 3rd Gens and a Plague Battlegroup at $225k.
Next is the Battle System news. Their Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain KickStarter started last Friday. Since starting they have managed to unlock: The terrain was funded; three extra Interior Walls, an extra Interior Doorway, two extra Doors, an extra Shop Wall, an extra Shop Entrance, two extra Wide Doors, a Billboard, an extra Glass Wall, an extra Glass Entrance, an extra Apartment Wall, an extra Apartment Entrance, a Makeshift Barrier, an extra Interior Window, two extra Interior Entrances, two extra Double Doors, an extra Office Deck, an extra Filing Cabinet, an extra Vending Machine, one set of Retail Shelving, two extra Half Walls; two extra Strut and an extra Cover Strut were added to the City Block pledge level; the Police Precinct set as an add-on; a Ruined Walls pack as an add-on; and Floor Tiles pack as an add-on.
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: An extra Settee, an extra Armchair, an extra Dining Table, two extra Chairs and an Aluminium Ladder will be added to the City Block pledge level at £95k; and a Fire Station add-on set at £100k.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. With their “The Others: 7 Sins” Kickstarter they have managed to unlock since the last post: Lithography Portfolio 1 as an add-on; the Sniper Hero Polly; a Kickstarter Exclusive new city tile the sports centre; an art book with short stories as an add-on; the Delta Team box set as an add-on; the Kickstarter Exclusive The Mayor monster; three Apocalypse cards; six Corrupted Fireman Acolytes in two sculpts; three more Hero Dice; and the Distillery Old Town Tile.
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: Envy Controller, twenty Envy cards and an Envy board at $630k; six Envy Abominations in three sculpts and a 7 Sins dice bag at $666k; and an Envy Avatar and three more Sins Dice at $700k.
With the Zombicicde Black Plague KickStarter, the Pledge Manager is now online and a new add-on was added, Plastic Token Pack.
Next is the Modiphius news. They have finally started the KickStarter for the Infinity Role-play Game. This is a role-play game based in Corvus Belli’s Infinity miniatures game. There are several Pledge levels and I will not be listing them. I have gone for the "Print and PDF Master" level. This level original got you a Physical copy of the Core Book and PDF copy of all books.
With their “Infinity Role-play Game” Kickstarter they have managed to unlock since the last post: A new pledge level for ALL the physical books and PDFs; a pledge level for a Faction book and Player’s Guide; the Paradiso Geomorphic Tile set; a GM Screen with A double-sided full colour A2 map of Paradiso & The Human Sphere with more locations and marked points of interest as an add-on; sixteen more pages were added to the Adventure that the Corvus Belli team; the Paradiso Planet Source Book; a free printed copy of the Player's Guide for everyone who has a printed Core Book or Collector's Edition pledge levels; the Ariadna Faction Source Book; a NPC Card Deck add-on; the PDF Subscription pledge level and add-on plus the “ALL THE BOOKS in Print and PDF” Pledge level now includes PDF versions of the GM Screen, all Card Deck and all Geo-morphic Tile sets (these are not included the normal PDF pledge levels sadly).
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: The Panoceania Faction Source Book at £170k; the Aleph Faction Source Book at £185k; the Yu Jing Faction Source Book at £200k; and Brains Notebook PDF will be added to all Thunderbirds Board Game backers (yes a non-Infinity stretch goal) at £200k by the 29th of September.
With the Thunderbirds Board Game, please read the last Stretch Goal from the “Infinity Role-play Game” Kickstarter. Also the UK boat is due to dock on Tuesday, which is the deadline for the Stretch Goal.
Now for the Wyrd Games news. This week's Monday Preview was a look at the Ashes and Dust miniatures for Outcasts.
Next is the Bushiroad news. With the Cardfight Vanguard side, tomorrow will see the release of the G Comic Booster 1 “Vanguard and Deletor” in Japan while next Friday will see the release of the G Booster Set 4 “Soul Strike Against The Supreme” in English. In fact this Sunday I will be going to a Sneak Peek event for it.
With the WeißSchwarz side, the Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Trial Deck will be released in Japan tomorrow as well.
Now for the Mechabrick news. They should hopefully be shipping the starter set next week and a full reward package will hopefully ship in November. Oh and also there is a PDF version up to download for backers. Sadly I have not gotten around to download and rule it yet.
Lastly there is the Agent Zero news. They have revealed two new sculpts. This time they are Capricorn and Aries.
· Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Paranoia” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015) and “Last Saga” (November 2014) has been shipped or is shipping soon.
· Wave two of “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Blood Rage” (September 2015), wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” (August 2015), “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” (August 2015), “Dragon Tide” (September 2015), wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), wave two of “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), “Ghostbusters the Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· “The Others: 7 Sins” KickStarter should be ending on the 7th of October 2015.
· “Warpath” KickStarter should be ending on the 11th of October 2015.
· Both the “Infinity RPG” and the “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” KickStarters should be ending on the 18th of October 2015.
· Wave three of “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October to December 2015.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013) should ship between October 2015 to March 2016.
· Both wave two of “Mechabrick” (April 2014) and “Slaughterball” (June 2015) should ship in November 2015.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015) should ship late November to early December 2015.
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System”, “Deadzone Infestation” and “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” should ship in January 2016.
· Wave one of the “Conan” board game should ship between January and March 2016.
· Wave one of the “Infinity RPG” should ship in February 2016.
· “The Others: 7 Sins” should ship in March 2016.
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
· Both wave two of the “Infinity RPG” and “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” should ship in July 2016.
· Wave two of the “Conan” board game should ship between July and September 2016.
· Wave three of the “Infinity RPG” should ship in October 2016.
· “Warpath” should ship in September 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Sunday the 27th of September 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament and Sneak Peek Event at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard and WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 3rd of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing UK Team Championship at Jurys Inn MK. Sadly this has already sold out.
· On Saturday the 17th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 7th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 8th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015 will be a Mantic Open Day.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 28th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running Android Netrunner UK Team Championship 2015 at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a booster pack (Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Vanguard) unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start at 6/7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
For this post I have for you all both the Survivior and Zombivor versions of Bones and the Survivior version of Jane from Zombicide.
|The Zombicide Adrian Smith Special Guest set is done|
With the next post there should be the Zombivior version of Jane and the Survivior version of Bear from Zombicide.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.