MK HeroClix House Rules

Friday 11 March 2011

Heroclix 10th of March, The Brightest 2nd

Tazuna, the Bridge Builder, from Naruto

Welcome to another Heroclix post. This week we did a scenario that I designed for ShounenClix called "Protect the Bridge Builder”. However there was a little change.

Protect the Bridge Builder: Your team have been given to mission to protect the bridge builder as you travel to the Land of Waves. The cheapest character on each player’s team is classed as the Bridge Builder. If a team OKs an opposing team’s Bridge Builder, that team gain victory points equal to 10% of the games build. If a team’s Bridge Builder is still alive by the end of game they gain victory points equal to 20% of the games build.

The only change to the scenario I did for the games we played was making the Bridge Builder a random character than the cheapest. It was 300 points standard House Rules and no pogs. This meant that if you took out a Bridge Builder, you gain 30 extra victory points and if your Bridge Builder survived you gain 60 extra victory points. With my team I had two ideas a DC warriors team using the new Hawkgirl if it arrives on time or a Defenders team. I ended up going for the Defenders team as at the last minute I realised one of the characters I needed I do not have.

Dr. Strange (Vet Fantast Forces) 110
Clea (Secret Invasion) 59
Valkyrie (Vet Sinister) 71
Gargoyle (Avengers) 58
=298 points and two re-roll.

Ok technically it is not a Defenders themed as the veteran version of the Fantastic Forces Dr. Strange does not have the keyword. However I wanted to fill the points and re-rolls are not really needed, due to the number of characters and the probability control from Gargoyle. However at a second glance I realised they were themed. They all had the mystical keyword. LUCKY. But right at the last I discided to use a different team made out of the Brightest Day box set.

Deadman (Brightest Day) 87
Firestorm (Brightest Day) 141
Hawkgirl (Brightest Day) 71
=299 points and one re-roll.

As I did not get then bye last week on Round One this week I ended up with the bye. It gives me time to type up everybody’s forces on to my phone. I really enjoy having a word processer on my BlackBerry. On the next round, Round Two I was ageist Adrian. He was using a non themed team.

Elektra (Human Secret Invasion) 80
Scarlet Witch (Avengers) 72
Gamora (Secret Invasion) 73
Moonstone (Hammer of Thor) 76
=301 points and no re-rolls

We realised he was over during the first round when he was playing Round One. Darren let it pass. In the round Firestorm was my Bridge Builder and Elektra was Adrian’s. It was too easy to take out his Elektra as he placed her right in the open. He managed to take out my Hawkgirl but I took out his entire team leading to me winning the game. On Round Three, I was ageist Darren. He was using a Robot Team.

Techno (Exp Sinister) 71
M-11 (Hammer of Thor) 59
Bi-Beast (Hammer of Thor) 73
Victor Mancha (Web of Spider-Man) 96
=299 points and two re-rolls.

My Firestorm was my Bridge Builder and M-11 was Darren’s. Darren thought my team was not that great as they do not really work together and they lack both the ability to push without taking damage and to move and attack. However I manage to wipe the floor with his team. I do agree they do not work together too well, but on they own they are not that bad. Deadman’s high defence helps tie up your opponents and his ten attack lets him to do damage to his opponents in close combat. Plus if you opponent hits him the take damage too. Hawkgirl reads great and is a good figure, but your opponent knows that and will target her, which leads to her not doing too well. Also, out of the whole team, she is the weakest. Firestorm is quite tough and having four damage leads to him dealing a nasty hit to your opponent. His trait helps too as Perplex can help his chances to hit and the Psychic Blast helps with getting through damage reducers. Now with three wins I move of to Round Four. I was ageist Michael’s Brute team.

She-Thing (Secret Invasion) 50
The Thing (Secret Invasion) 100
Rampaging Hulk (M&M) 128
=278 point and one re-roll.

My Bridge Builder for this round was Hawkgirl and Rampaging Hulk was Michael’s. This game was going everywhere. At first I was winning Hawkgirl was pounding down Rampaging Hulk. The Thing was hurt and Deadman was tie up the Thing and She-Thing with his twenty defence and there nine attack. But then in one turn, Michael rolled an 11 and a 12 (1/432 chance) with both She-Thing and the Thing, taking out Deadman and Rampaging Hulk KOed Hawkgirl too. They all based Firestorm, however he manage to take them all down in hand-to-hand. So I barely won that one. We luckily had the time to do Round 5. I was ageist Adam with his Martial Artist team.

Howard the Duck (Secret Invasion) 35
Electra (Vet Cobberin Time) 26 61
Nightcrawler (Web of Spider-Man) 86
Black Panther (Rook Universe) 27
Bullseye (Web of Spider-Man) 117 + Thunderbolts 8 = 125
=299 points and two re-rolls.

My Bridge Builder was Firestorm again while Adam’s with Bullseye who Thunderbolted to Mystics. I manage to take out Electra and Black Panther, but his Bullseye wiped the floor with my guys and I ended up losing that round. Over all I ended up in second place with Darren at first by only 20 points.

Next week we will be 400 points, only four figures. No more, no less.

This week's previews for Giant Size X-Men were of the LE figures of Arcangel, Deadpool, Cable, Karmina and Psylocke. They all look great. I might try to get them if they do not cost too much. Also Wizkids reviled some details and screen shots of Heroclix Online. I looks nice as they have turned a 2D map into a 3D looking map. I can not wait until Open Beta starts on this so see how it is like to game. On personal news, I have ordered and received the Brightest Day set (as you might have realised alreadly) and pre-ordered a brick of Giant Size X-Men. It is due out in America at ever the end of this week or the start of next week.  However the 13th Floor, the web store I have ordered it from say that they properly will not have it until the end of the month.

This week's DreamClix I am doing for ShounenClix the dial designs for both the ground and air types of the Hollow generics from Bleach, as well as this week’s and last week’s cards. For MAClix I will be doing the final dial designs for the Iron Man anime and I am skipping on MechaClix this week apart from so that I could finish of the Iron Man anime stuff.

Now here are the dials designs. With the Hollows, I added a bunch of extra power to let them cover more Hollows.


With Kuroda armoured form, Rasetsu, I decided to drop Outwit from his trait as as it would be too powerful with his Super Strengh, Close Combat Expert and a starting damage value of 5. Most Web of Spider-Man figures would be KOed from just one hit. I also added earthbound on his last click.


Lastly I decided to change the drone from a pog to a figure and added a new figure which I was leaving as a last moment surprise, an Iron Man and Wolverine duo figure. I decided to give them both Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. keyword and Avengers TA because of the comic than the show. I did this as they reviled that they know each other and get along.


Next is the cards. You might have notice a card type that does not exset in standard Heroclix, Scenario. I am doing this instead of Battlefield Conditions and Event Dial.

Scenario - Protect the Bridge Builder: Your team have been given to mission to protect the bridge builder as you travel to the Land of Waves. The cheapest character on each player’s team is classed as the Bridge Builder. If a team OKs an opposing team’s Bridge Builder, that team gain victory points equal to 10% of the games build. If a team’s Bridge Builder is still alive by the end of game they gain victory points equal to 20% of the games build. Opposes: you may decide to make the Bridge Builder a random character than the cheapest.

Feat – The Death Note: A character with this feat gains the Mystical keyword if they do not already have it or the Mystic TA if they already have the keyword, however this cannot be wild carded. They also gain a +1 to their damage value while making range attacks, but suffers a -1 to both damage and attack value while making a close combat action. Cost ?.

Object – Barral: light - While a character standing in the this object is in, the character can use stealth if they did not make any attack actiuons their last turn. Cost ?.

ATA – Straw Hat Pirates: Prerequisite: Straw Hat Crew keyword. If there is at least one other friendly character on the field with this ATA and no chartacters with it within 6 squares, this character gains +1 to both their attack and defence values. Cost ?.

Next time in DreamClix I am planning on doing for ShounenClix, I will be doing two more dials, two more cards and for MechaClix I am planning on doing two specials which will most likely IS: Infinite Stratos and one other. Until next time, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment