MK HeroClix House Rules

Monday 22 April 2013

Terrain and Salute 2013 Model Painting Special

Welcome to the Model Painting post. This post will normally happen on a Monday, however if I am busy for some reason I will be doing it on a Wednesday instead. This week I  have for this post old Game Workshop ruins, Quick Painting Contest, goods from Salute and the working table.

OK, first off the standard side of the post. This week I have the start of the work I am doing with terrain. This first terrain set I have painted some old Games Workshop ruins and bit I have had for years.


OK now to the Salute special stuff. First off is the Quick Painting Contest. I was in the 1:30PM session. The rules were we have 45 minutes to paint and Warmachine or Hordes figure they provide using the paints and brushes they provide. The paints were the P3 paints and the models my session used was a Cygnar Trencher Infantry from Warmachine. They were missing their backpacks, the Figure (but not the base) was undercoated white and was flaked (I think that is the right term) to hell. The top three painted figures would win a their choose of a Warmachine or Hordes booster and will be on the finals to try to win a Colossal figure. I was not really use to there paint, painting on while and painting such a flaked up figure really made painting feel unconformable. I did not get into the top three so I did not win anything, but I do get to keep the figure I painted. Here are some pictures for it and from the contest. Warning, half of these pictures are from the Salute posts.

The unpainted figure
All the entries from by session
I plan on removing the flak and tidying him up at a later date. I might use him as a character called Mandriod for a 7TV team. Now for the picture of what I got at Salute. OK, this is not everything. A chunk of the stuff are in the next picture.


Lastly here is a picture of stuff I am working on, including the pre-painted Doctor Who figures who are waiting to be put away into my case.



Next week I will be doing the eight and final Super Dungeon Explore group that I am doing. Well until next time, Armour Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment