MK HeroClix House Rules

Saturday 10 July 2010

Reviews - Transformers: War for Cybertron



Time to get back into doing reviews. Ok I have several planned, there is:
Dion (the free Transformer I got in the post).
Final Fantasy XIII.
My Transformers, Gundam and anime figurines collection.
My cosplaying.
And my SilverBerry, I mean BlackBerry.
In this review I will cover Transformers: War for Cybertron. Hang on, I a huge Transformers fan and this will be my first Transformers blog post. OMG. I have always been a big fan of Transformers so a new game set in pre G1was a must buy. I got the Xbox 360 pre-order that came with Jazz as he is my favourite Autobot character. The campaign mode of the game is great fun and gives lots of unknown background information but it is too short. However I am not a hard core gamer and I rarely finishes any computer game, but I managed to finish both the Autobot and Decepticon campaigns in the space of just under 2 days. The fact is that the game was built as a on-line multiplayer game and not really for single player or off line multiplayer. Sadly I am not skilled at third person shooters so I end up getting creamed in the multiplayer game. The problem is that there is no kind of radar in the game, so you do not know that there is someone behind you until it is too late. I know that Peter Cullen was doing Optimus (Prime), but I never know they got Johny Yong Bosch to voice Bumblebee until I first heard Bumblebee speck in the game. Johny is a well know anime voice actor these day, doing characters like Ichigo from Bleach, Kiba from Wolf’s Rain, Vash from Trigun, Itsuki from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Lelouch aka Zero from Code Geass. But I will always remember him is a old live action show I use to watch as Adam Park, the second Black Power Ranger. That now makes it three Transformers voice actor signatures I own. (Note to self add signatures to the list of reviews to do.)
Overall, if you a Transformers fan who is not looking for a on line game, rent it, do not buy it unless it is going very cheap as the single player side in too short. However if you are a Transformers fan who likes playing on line third person shooters, it is a must buy.
I am hoping they will release the pre-order characters as DLC at a later date with other characters to add more multiplayer character chassis. I would like to see, Hardhead to give the Autobots a second tank/warrior character chassis and Motormaster to give the Decepticons a second truck/commander character chassis. However, as I was writing this I found a bit of news/rumour that there is a DLC for the game coming out called “Map and Character Pack #1”. It meant to be coming with all three pre-order characters, Jazz, Shockwave and Demolishor, a ton of new maps, as well as two more characters, Scattershot and Onslaught. Know my Transformers, Scattershot should to an Autobots an tank/warrior and Onslaught should ever be Decepticons truck/commander or tank/warrior.
Well that is it for is review. Now to think of the next one, may be Dion is a slightly different style. Well, until next time, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment