MK HeroClix House Rules

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Game Review: Monster Hunter Tri, and Birthday Wii Bash


Well lets start this new section, with one of the games I picked up last week, Monster Hunter Tri. It was heavy hyped but does it live up too it. With Character Creation it looks like there is lot of customising, but in fact there is not much choose comped to other modem RPG games. Maybe adding more hairstyles and well as the ability to alter hight and width would make it better. With game play targeting is a pain, especially when it comes to the heavier weapon sets like the Great Sword. Sadly I miss the part where is tells you how to use items and change weapon, which was a real pain and there is nothing about it in the manual ever which was a nightmare too. Lucky I manage to work it out. The idea of the Y button being a hot key for a pre selected item is good, but why can you use the items or set them as the hot key when you are in your pouch. I have not tried the on-line side of in as I want to at lest get one of my characters better equipped before doing that. Over all as a RPG, I have seen much better. Not saying its bad game, it seems OK now that I have gotten the hang of the system and the on-line play might be awesome too. I should also note, the anime look hides the true evil nature of the game. You see a family of plant eaters. They are totally harmless. You need meat as the only form of food in the game is meat (or just so far in it). You draw your weapon and start hacking them all apart so you can get the meat you need and may be a bone or two to build new weapons to hack more poor innocent monsters to gain the parts to build more better weapons and armour. This is not a game for Vegetarians or Vegans.


I am planning a Wii party for Saturday next week and if the weather is good a BBQ too. I am doing this as the following Thursday is my birthday and I am off that Saturday as I have the next two weeks booked off work.

Here is the post on facebook:

After Campaign I'm having a Wii Party at mine for my birthday.

There is the normal: Big Beach Sports, Cangya Golf, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Sports(both version), Wii Fit Plus, Bleach, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Monopoly, Naruto, Red Steel, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Chess and Wii Play.

And now: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Monster Hunter Tri.


I forgot to post the BBQ part but that can be added later. So for I have two confirmed and two maybe out of the 16 people I have invited.

I am planning a weekly review post. Some times it will be a game, some times it will be an anime or Movie. For next week I am planning on doing ever New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Rebuilding of Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone. Even if Blaire is on tonight or tomorrow morning there will be no posts tomorrow as I will be busy all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment