MK HeroClix House Rules

Saturday 10 April 2010

Watch, Listen and Read for the week 29th March to 04th April


I have watched on Monday this week’s Gadget Show. Do not get round to watch anything on Tuesday or Friday. On Wednesday I had a bath so I manage to watch some show, first was episode 4 of Needless and listened to episode 223 of the Anime Pulse podcast. On Thursday I listened to episode 29 of the Clixcast podcast and The Game Informer Show Final Fantasy XIII special podcast. Read Chapter 7 of Ga-Rei and watched episode 4 of VR Troopers.
I watched the TV prequel to Ga-Rei called Ga-Rei -Zero- and I really enjoyed it so I have started reading the manga. In look the show is much better as they made it more realistic while the artwork in the manga seems more child friendly. The show swarmed two of my favourite tracks from two of my favourite Japanese artists, Paradise Lost by Chihara Minori and Dark Side of the Light by Faylan. But it is still good and would like to see them animate the Manga too.
On Saturday I watch the first episode of the all new Doctor Who series with Matt Smith as the doctor and the second Naruto: Shippuuden Movie. On Sunday I watched the last episode of Caprica before the mid season break. Also I listened to episode 19 of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Podcast, all three hours and twenty minutes.

A website I go to at times called Random Curiosity, have previews for the new anime shows starting this month in Japan. Looking at the previews they gave the four shows I was planning to watch Heroman, SD Gundam: Brave Battle Warriors, Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou and Romance of the Three Kingdams, I am dumping Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou for now and maybe Romance of the Three Kingdams. It also looks like Iron Man is being pushed back as there is no signs of it after the early preview listing, but why push it back with the new movie coming? Anyway, below is the preview for Heroman from Random Curiosity.

Heroman: Now here’s something you don’t see every day. In an East meets West collaboration, Spider-Man and X-Men co-creator Stan Lee is working with the always amazing studio BONES to bring us an animated version of the Heroman manga released last year. The story here follows a young orphan named Joey, who considers himself quite useless despite working part-time to support himself and his grandmother. He gets bullied by the rich kids at school because a girl named Lina is nice to him, making him wish he had something to give him some confidence. One day, he picks up a new toy robot from the trash after one of the rich kids throws it away, fixes it since he’s been wanting one, and finds out later that the toy he names Heroman can transform into a gigantic robot with enormous power. It’s not quite becoming a superhero, but pretty much the next best thing. According to the manga, the style is completely Japanese, but the character names, setting (U.S.), and story (aliens) are all very westernized. I’m not entirely convinced this is a series I’d follow just yet, but the trailer looks amazing and they have some new voice actor playing the lead characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment